Sunday, September 25, 2016

It's Puff's Tissues Time Again!

September 25, 2016

Good morning.  Brrr, I do believe these cooler temps are just not my cup of tea.  There's cool, and then there's c-o-o-l!  We only made it up into the lower 60's during the day yesterday, and down to the 40's for overnight.  Sad to say, this is probably going to be our norm now till the cold sets in.

Yesterday, Pogo and I did not go anywhere.  For some reason, I could not get out of my own way.  I just did not feel very good and my arms were sore where I got my shots.  My allergies are kicking up so I'm quite stuffy all day, and this does not help the yucky feeling. 

Maybe today we can at least take a short ride to the park, or for a McDonald's hamburger.  My little Pogo deserves at least that much.  He's such a good little doggie.  He wears a sweater all day or all night because I am cold, and he never complains.  In the wee hours, he even ate some dog food because I did not want to get up at 4 a.m. to cook him something to eat.  What can I say?

I'm down to my last two boxes of Puffs tissues, so I hope I can get out soon to re-stock.  The last thing I need right now is a bright red nose!  That's what happens when I have to use the generic tissues.  I keep a couple boxes of them on the pantry shelf, but I really don't want to have to use them right now. 

My legs have not been so good lately, so last night I started to spend a few minutes on the stepper machine.  Actually, I only do one or two minutes at a time, but if I do this several times a day, I'm hoping it will help to keep these old legs working right.

I dug a couple of pretty butterfly photos from my archives to share here today.  This purple bush was the one that we lost from the heavy snows a couple winters ago. 



I have one more really cute photo to share with you today.  This one is just so adorable.  I found it on the web, and I don't know who the author is.  But it sure put a smile on my face.  Isn't this just the cutest little thing you ever saw?  Here's hoping it will brighten up your morning.


Now I'm going to finish my coffee, even though it's already cold.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a simply wonderful day. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I just updated my blog and forgot to mention that our cold front did move in. 77 degrees last night and only going to get into the 80's today if that. Rain is forecasted for a few days and that is just lovely.
I knew it would rain if we tried to move anything and we are going to try and move my bed from my daughter's Laurie's house to my daughter Karyn's house here. We cannot fit it here. But the dressers and the entertainment center will come here. We are going to be extra crowded but only a few more days to go until we get the keys.

I love the pictures. They are so cute. The one with the baby mouse I think it is a mouse reminds me so much of the pet rat that I use to have. Iggy loved my blue potato bush. I buried him beside it when he died. I almost dug up the bush and moved it with me but in the end I left it there. He would play in that bush a lot until we saw an Eagle one day and had to start keeping him in the house with us or on the screened in porch out of fear that the Eagle or a Hawk would swoop down and get him.

I hope that your legs really get better with the stepper. That is a great idea. And I don't blame you on the generic tissues. Who needs more of a sore red nose? I am out myself. I have to pick up several paper items from Walmart when I get a chance and I had better put that on my list.

Yes Pogo deserves a burger from McDonalds. Speaking of food, I had better find some thing for me. Kisses for Pogo, Cisco says hi and I will talk to you later... Love Beth

Annesphamily said...

The dogs here loves those McDonalds burgers. LOL! Bandit has that foot/paw issue and they think he may have kidney disease. Jeremy has to make some decisions. Of course, I told the vet, we want him as comfortable as possible. Poor fellow, blind as can be but hearing and sense of smell is incredible. There are many tests and Jeremy has to decide what he wants to do. :-( But the fellow is 15 and 5 months old. He sure loves a good ole plain burger though. I imagine lots of pups do and we know Pogo does too! Prayers for Bandit please. xo
Love those images of the lil critter made me smile. I love the butterfly photos. Gorgeous!
I never use generic toilet paper or tissue either. U G H ! Some things are better with a little comfort built in.
MY oldest daughter Noelle is at the Dallas and Bears game in Dallas. Her friend bought her Dallas tickets for helping her through a rough patch last year. They are dying in the humidity but loving the food and football fun!
Noelle will spend the night in Salina, KS on the way home. Nick was tickled that she stopped by his college campus to say hi and treat him to what Noelle called a luxurious meal of McDonald's lol lol lol! I told her to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. When Jeremy traveled to Boston a few years ago he spent a couple extra days there and I told him to go to Country Inn and Suites and he loved it! We stayed there in NYC too. Can't afford those high priced Manhattan hotels!
Stay comfy, we get cool in the evening and nights but days are still a little warmer than they should be.
Take care Blessings, Anne

smiekeltje said...

Hope at least the shots will help later, but it is not great to have a sour arm because of it. May be you felt a bit out of yourself also because of the working of the shots?
Good idea to do some walking on the stepper, to keep the legs in as good condition as possible
Just got a phonecall that i can try my final dental tomorrow, So hope that it will be fitting well!
It will stay dry today, with some clouds and some sunshine, not so high temperatures though, around 18-20, but if i can find some energy it might be a good day to go to the market to find some cheese and some veggies
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra