Monday, August 25, 2014

Have A Safe Trip, Andrea

August 25, 2014

Good morning.  It is simply awesome outside my door.  I hope everyone is having this same fabulous weather that we are enjoying here in New England. 

My friend Andrea is leaving today for a two week vacation in Switzerland.  Wowee!!  I've never been there but I hear it is simply beautiful.  Have a safe trip Andrea, and take lots and lots of photos.

Yesterday was a gorgeous lazy day.  Most of the day, I had my legs up on the footstool part of my lounge chair.  They were getting a bit bloated lately and needed a rest.  So I took advantage and had me a nice little nap and did a bit of crocheting.  As promised, here's a photo of the yellow (and other colors)  afghan that I've been working on.  Just thirty more rows to go.  (It's folded, so it's much wider)


Today is Mandarin Orange Monday and my contribution will be this little orangey yellow bee on his way to taste some blossoms on the butterfly bush.


And here are a couple of close ups of the bee.  The butterfly decided it did not want to share, and had moved on to another branch.



Pogo and I have a couple of errands to do today.  Hopefully sometime today, I will be able to hang some new curtains in our kitchen.  The ones that are hanging now are an off-white color and I have never liked them.  The new ones are white and look much nicer.

Now it's time to rustle up some breakfast and get dressed to start this fabulous new day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a truly magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Zosia said...

Crocheting is good for the soul. I like to crochet, but recently I haven't had the time. Love your spring photos too. We are going into autumn in Europe.

Mascha said...

How lovely! I have a butterfly bush too, very like its scent...
Greetings from Germany :-)

The Queen Jester said...

Since we were traveling today (finally!) I started knitting my little dish clothes again. Not big projects but satisfying while on the road.

smiekeltje said...

The close-up of the bee is awesome!
And you are progressing weel on your afghans!
Here still busy on my new project of knitting, it will take some more time because it is big.
I have done two parts and knitting now the 3rd. Hope that will be anough for the afghan.
Not that good weather lately here. At the moment it is grey, bit raining again, nor really cold but we could do with a few degrees more. But hope on change for better keeps us going LOL.
Have a fantastic day.
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

A very uplifting post! I too wish Andrea a safe and wonderful trip. Your crochet work is beautiful..I wish I could do it....my father actually tried to learn later in life.. maybe I will too! Your flower with both butterfly AND bee is beautiful..and both have touches or orange. Have a wonderful week Edna:)
And thanks for being part of Mandarin Orange Monday:)

Lmkazmierczak said...

Wow, the bee and butterfly shot is terrific♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/ready-room/

NatureFootstep said...

I love the beautiful butterfly. :)