Sunday, August 31, 2014

August, You've Been A Beautiful Month

August 31, 2014

Good morning.  Oh what a simply gorgeous morning it is here in my little part of the world.  The first thing I did this morning was to open the door and let the breeze come inside.  As I look out my door, I see the leaves on the trees moving as my flag is gently waving a good morning greeting to me.  It feels so good to be me this morning.

I found this beautiful image on the web and thought this was the perfect moment to share it here.


Has anyone noticed how quickly August has flown by, and that today is the last day of this fabulously beautiful month?   Here's hoping that September shares the same gorgeous weather that we've been enjoying in August. 

One of my new catalogues arrived this past week, and in it I found a couple of new items for the doggies in our lives.   These are hooded scarves to keep our fur babies warm when the cold winter snows start to fall.  There is brown for the boys, and pink for the girls.  At just $5.95 each, they are quite a bargain!



Pogo and I really did not do much in the way of excitement yesterday.  A little walk in the yard to stretch our legs, and then mostly just catching up on some of the TV programs that I've been taping.  I did get to put a few shows on a disc to send to daughter Audrey.  I've been watching the "The Skin Game" and I thought she might enjoy watching it too.  It's a competition between some very talented artists who do body painting.  Wow, I have to tell you some of their work is simply awesome!

I did take a photo of the colorful yellow afghan before wrapping it up.  The colors in it are yellow, green, pink and a variegated yarn.   One of these days, I want to do something that is mostly just yellow.  It's such a beautiful happy color.  Now I'm working on the cornmeal/marikesh afghan. 


In between gabbing here, I managed to go outside for a few moments to sprinkle a couple of handfuls of  peanuts for the birds and small critters.  They love them, and at the moment, they've eaten them all up. 

Thank goodness the Market Basket situation has been settled and the stores are open again.  This is where I buy the large bags of peanuts.  I also enjoy shopping at Market Basket.  They have a much better selection of products to choose from, and their prices are so much better.  Joe and I will be back there shopping later this week.

Now it's time to get dressed and maybe do a load of laundry.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Sounds you had a terrific nice quiet weekend, which is wonderful to experience, I know!
Your afghans all ook gret, although of course one color is more to my liking than another, but that's just a matter of taste.
I am quickly going over to my blog now to tell all about the last events.
Hugs
Kyra

P.S. Those doggie scarfs are fantastic, most love the brown one LOL

Annesphamily said...

A busy week for you and Pogo for sure! I love that afghan. My goodness, I admire your talent. Such beautiful treasures, handmade items. Love them so much! The months fly by! Soon winter will be here. Didn't we just hope Spring would come? Hmmm.....
Good to see you sweet friend. Have a beautiful week. Hugs, Anne