Friday, March 28, 2014

Warmer Temps (And Rain) Coming Our Way

March 28, 2014

Good morning.  It's a bit on the cloudy side today.  We are expecting rain later today and tonight, with heavier rain tomorrow.  The good part is that the temperature is supposed to be around 50F.  Another good thing is that March is almost over.  Surely, April will bring warmer temps and flowers.

With yesterday's rant behind me, I will be busy over the next few months checking out other prescription plans so that I will be ready to change when Fall gets here.  That's when we are allowed to apply for a new company.

Yesterday turned out to be a lovely day.  Still a bit cool, but quite nice.  Later in the afternoon, I took Joe food shopping, and while we out we stopped to check out a local craft store that was closing and liquidating all of its merchandise.  Unfortunately, they had very few yarns left.  I thought maybe I would pick up a couple of frames, but they were still quite expensive. 

We used to have a nice variety of fabric and yarn shops to shop at, but over the years they are all disappearing.  My project for today is to go online and find where the nearest ones are located now.  Walmart used to have a nice craft department with lots of beautiful fabrics and tons of yarns to choose from.  However, most of these stores (locally) have downsized their craft departments to nil or very little.  In fairness though, the Walmart nearest to me has recently enlarged their craft department and brought in more fabrics and yarn, so I will have to check this out.

Today I have a few bird photos that I had taken in Florida.  It was quite windy the day I took these photos.




This morning I am watching a different shopping channel, ShopHQ.   They have been showing some really pretty new Spring fashions.  Unfortunately for me, they are made with stretch knit, which tends to emphasize any bumps and lumps that one might have.  They do however, have some very pretty new Spring tops.  They are also showing some really nice looking handbags in wonderful colors.

I think that's enough of my babbling.  It's time to get dressed and find some mischief to get into.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I hear you about March and about the rain. Of course you know the song April showers ... well our forcast is to have rain and or snow from Tuesday through the weekend next week. That's fun to look forward to. Thet is the one thing that Izzi doesn't like to go out in and it's a good thing because she gets wet and muddy. Of course getting her to go out and take care of business is no easy task. Next Wednesday I have to take Fonzi in for a dental cleaning and probably an extraction. He is diabetic so things will happen to him that other cats won't experience ... Poor baby :(

Today I am packing up all of my Granddaughters things and putting them in boxes. She chose not to come (was afraid to drive so far ... she will have to get over that,for sure) so I am just putting her things away. Then strip the bed, clean the room and start moving things tomorrow. Oh my ... this is going to be quite an adventure.

Can't chat long because I am working on a deadline here. You have a wonderful day. If it isn't raining yet maybe you could get Pogo out in the fresh air (yes, take a tuck in his harness)it would be nice for both of you. Be well Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Looks you will have some time to choose another insurance. it's good not to be rushed into making a choice.
The yar I usually buy, is very cheap, but okay, and can find that in two stores nearby, that have all kinds of rather cheap stuff, e.g. for kitchen, for bedding, some clothing and underwear, sometimes they have a lot of garden stuff,and so on.
Nice shops, of course not the bst quality but good enough if you don;t have too much to spend.
Hoping wit you that April will bring some real spring weather and that you will be able to do a bit of planting and also relaxing in your garden.
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Kyra