Wednesday, March 19, 2014

One More Day Till Spring!!

March 19, 2014

Good morning.  It's only 5:15 a.m. so it is still quite dark outside.  Only a couple more hours and I'll be heading home.  The Mrs behaved quite well last night so it has been a pretty good shift. 

Later this morning I have an appointment with my orthopedic doctor.  It's just a regular check up to see how I'm doing and to have my scripts renewed.  As long as I am coping, I am okay with that.   Then, later in the afternoon, DIL Janet will be by after work for dinner and a nice visit. 

While I was away, my favorite program, Project Runway, was taping on my DVR so tonight Janet and I will be able to get caught up with the last two episodes.  I tried watching it on my little laptop while I was in Florida, but with the awful internet connection I did not have much luck.

Yesterday, I took photos of my plants that we have on the plant table in the kitchen (at home).  Dwarf Helen brought home a beautiful plant of tiny daffodils, and my Christmas Cactus is full of blooms and buds.  I had re-potted the cactus and my peace lily to see if they would grow better, and they seem to be doing quite well in their new pots.

I did notice one strange thing on my Christmas Cactus.  One of the sections has double blossoms on it.  I don't think I've ever noticed anything like that before. 


 

I love having flowering plants in bloom in the house because it brightens up the whole room, and has a definite positive effect on the people in the room.  They are so cheerful to look at.  Within the next week or two I'm hoping to plant some of my new flower seeds in the new planters that I bought over the winter.  Along with a lot of wildflowers, I am going to try to grow some poppies again.

Sometime today, my "selfie mailer boxes" will arrive from Florida.  I'll be so glad to see them because I tucked a few of my clothes in the box with my new doll to protect her from getting damaged during shipping. (Instead of thousands of plastic popcorns)   It will nice to have my clothes back, especially my jeans.

It's time to be checking on the Mrs again.  So, till Spring, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Your plant table looks cheerful with those bright colors!
Re-potting some pays off, as you noticed. Perhaps you can try to take a lid off the cactus(with no blook on it and stick it into some soil. Water it every now and then and you might get a new plant!
Good the Mrs, behaved rather well LOL, makes the shift a lot easier, I think.
You have a nice afternoon and evening with Janet.
Hugs
Kyra