Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Garden Is Still Full Of Colorful Blossoms

October 2, 2013

Good morning.  Today we are going to have a small burst of summer, 81 degrees F.  Then it will be back to the low to mid 70's.  Pogo and I definitely have to get out for a little while today to enjoy this fabulous day.

Yesterday, we took a walk around the yard for a while, checking to see what is still blooming and what has gone by.   The lilies have stopped blooming, but the roses and hydrangea still have blossoms. 





There are also some tomatoes still growing in the little veggie patch.  Every few days, Joe picks whatever is ripe and brings it in for us to enjoy.  Did you ever notice that tomatoes can be quite hairy?  Hmmm, they look okay when they are brought into the house.  I will have to take a better look when the next batch is brought in.


Are you keeping up with the Winter weather that has already begun out in the Mid-West?  My gosh, they have already been having snow, and are getting ready for a really big snow  storm.   Please oh please, no snow for us for a while.  I am just not ready to deal with the winter weather yet. 

I do have to call the oil company and make an appointment to have the furnace cleaned out and made ready for the cold season.  Then, of course, it will be time to fill the fuel tank and turn the heat back on.  Ouch!!! 

Now I must get a move on here, and get dressed.  I have an appointment at the nail salon in a little while.  Then maybe Pogo and I will get us a take out lunch and go to the park for a while.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be well and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Ouch! You hit the nail on the head, Edna ... not ready for that white stuff or for the furnace. We actually have to have a new furnace put in. Our old one was giving us some serious trouble last year. We bought the new one and we are waiting to have it installed. We may be moving in with our neighbors if they don't get out here to install it soon ... Oh my:(

We have been warm the last few days too. And, like you, I still have flowers blooming in my gardens. I will have to get out soon to cut everything back, but I am waiting ... hoping my hand will stop giving me problems so I can do the yard work without doing damage. I cut the grass yesterday. I padded my hand and wrapped it to protect it, but still had some discomfort last night. My body was hurting as well because I have been so dormant for the last couple of weeks. As for today ... off to another doctors appointment with my daughter. Izzi and I have skills class tonight. We haven't had any agility in two weeks so she will be very excited to see her friends again. We are off to Ohio this weekend, so she will be getting a big dose of Agility to make up for what she has missed. Then home ... back to the old routine. Hopefully in some decent fall weather, right? Enjoy your beautiful day, Edna ... and licks and kisses to Pogo!

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

As usual, your flowers are beautiful! I knew tomato plants were hairy, but I never noticed the hairiness on my tomatoes! It’s still mostly warm during the day here, but it gets chilly at night. (That means David opens the windows and I throw and extra blanket on my side!) We’re expecting thunder showers tomorrow which means I need to make sure I have my umbrella for my errands!

Enjoy the rest of the good weather and I totally agree that the snow can wait… and wait and wait to come!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Amazing, isn;t it, what still is blooming in the gardens? Of course thanks to the nice weather. OH NO! I cannot deal with real low temperatures and even snow yet. I hope it will stay far away from us for much more time!
You are right to go out a bit when the weather is that nice.
You have a great day, and lots of fun!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Lovely blooms - I'm thinking I might see that tomato again for MOM someday.