Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Close, Hair Raising Game!

October 27, 2013

Good morning.  It's 7 a.m. and barely daylight.  The sky is cloudy at the moment, and the temp is around 45 F degrees.  The weatherman says that it rained a bit during the night, but it looks pretty dry outside my window. 

The workers were here yesterday, but I'm not so happy with what they accomplished.  They were supposed to have finished one whole area in the front where the new windows are going to be installed, but they only did about half of it, and that half does not look so good to me.  I will call the contractor later this morning and let him know that I am not so happy with him.

Last night, I was quite busy doing a bit of holiday shopping online. I got lucky and was able to find a couple of items that I have had a hard time finding.  During this time, I was watching the baseball game between the Red Sox and the Cardinals.  It was such a close game all the way through right up until the last second of the game when the Cardinals won.  Phew!

Today, I think I'll address some more card envelopes.  This is a time consuming chore, and as long as I have the time I'd like to get it finished.  I also have to get out this week and buy a couple of birthday presents that have to be mailed out by the end of the week.  My youngest child, Laura Jean, turns 48 next week.  Groan, groan, when your babies are all fast approaching 55 years old, one begins to feel just a tiny bit ancient.  Creak, creak!

Yesterday, I went outside to take a few photos of some of the blooms in my garden.  There are still roses and hydrangeas with beautiful blossoms. 





The weather might be trying to gear us up for winter, but my garden is doing it's best to keep it cheerful here for us.  Today I will see if any of the pink rose buds have opened and get a photo of them.  Nature is so full of surprises. 

Now I think I will get some breakfast for Pogo.  He's lying here quietly beside me pretending to be asleep.  However, as soon as I head for the kitchen he will hop down off the sofa and head for his breakfast bowl.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Sorry to hear about the Red Sox loss, Pete said it was a very exciting one. We'll just keep on cheering and hope for the best.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, I know one chore you forgot to mention ... are you sprucing up your broom? How I would love to be up there with you on Halloween night ... as you know, Izzi is not a fan of Halloween.

Sorry your contractors are not doing their job ... it is hard to know where to get good contractors these days. Because of the economy many workers are free lancing, but they really don't have the know how to do many of the jobs. I hope you can light a fire under yours and get the job done right.

My Comcast has not been working right. The internet is fine, but some of my favorite programs won't come in. We called and they were supposed to come out Saturday, but no one showed ... so we called again and now they are coming Monday. Can't seem to rely on anyone anymore.

We watched a movie last night that was soooooo BAD, that we both broke out laughing when it was over. I am not sure if we were laughing because it was just that bad, or if we were laughing out of joy that it was finally over. I really think we thought it was funny that we just sat there and watched the whole thing ... we kept thinking, surely there will be some redeeming factors soon. But, it never happened. We can write that Saturday night off ... on to the next :)

I seem to recall that last year you were all organized and getting ready for the holidays early ... well, I guess this is not so early, but early for me because I haven't even made my Christmas Card yet. OMG, here we go again ... soon to be in panic mode. I guess I work better under pressure ... Here's hoping. Well you have a good weekend. Lori is going to be posting MOM soon and I am not prepared. I Best go see what I can whip up. Be well, my friend ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Oh my, I hope you will get in touch with the contractor for those windows and that the end result of the work still will be good and to your liking.
We had a few flashes of the Red Sox game in our sports program, it really looked to be a great one! Sorry your team didn't win at the end, but... it isn;t lost yet!
Your garden still has beautiful flowers, here the season is quickly changing and some bad weather is expected today.
Better to stay inside.
Well, have to post now, and be ready and dressed a bit on time, to accomplish may be some errands LOL.
Hug
Kyra