Monday, October 7, 2013

It's Mandarin Orange Monday

October 7, 2013

Good morning.  It's quite foggy and cloudy here in my little part of New England.  Coming home this morning, the fog was not as bad as the other day, but still it was quite thick.  I don't think the sun is supposed to come out today, but the temps should be quite nice today, high 70's F.  We do have rain moving in later today and tonight.  Tomorrow, we should see the sun again. 

Well, let me tell you.  Yesterday, I worked on finishing up the final photo selections for the new calendar.  When I was happy with it, I uploaded everything to the printer and ordered all my new calendars.  Woo Hoo!!  Boy, did that ever feel good. 

I also had a couple of great coupons in my email, so I was able to order a couple more things to put away for Christmas.  In another month or two, I'll start planning for our next vacation.  Pogo and I will be going to Florida again towards the end of Winter.  It's a fun rest that I look forward to.  This year, DIL Janet says that she will join us.  Now that will be very enjoyable.

I don't have any new photos this morning, but I do have one of a beautiful orange nasturtium in my garden.  I love these little flowers, and this one is just right for Mandarin Orange Monday.   I know we are supposed to turn the photo into some form of art, but sometimes I would just rather enjoy the photo.


Here's another pretty orange floral photo.  It's a close up photo that I took of part of a bouquet that was given to the Mrs a while ago.  She gets some of the prettiest flower arrangements.


Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  I want to make some breakfast and then Pogo and I will have us a little nap.  Maybe later we can find some fun mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a marvelous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LadyD Piano said...

Lovely orange flowers and happy ones, too!

Hannah said...

Pretty nasturtium, I'm missing summer so much... it seems the epitome of warm summer days.

smiekeltje said...

Wonderful you managed to finish a planned project!
Amazing that we already have to think about Christmas, time is going too fast again!
But then, it is also fun to do so, and it would also be great for you that janet will come with you on your vacation next year.
Don;t get into too much mischief LOL!
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

I think you have turned it into art by the way you cropped your image Edna. And I bet your pushed the colour up a bit too:) Beautiful. I just love those flowers. The woman across the road has them growing through her fence... I must photograph them when they are in flower.. such a nostalgic flower too.
Thanks for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday #62.