Monday, September 10, 2012

Parts 1 & 2 "Designer Stash 001"

September 10, 2012

Good morning.  It's still quite dark outside, only 5:50 a.m.  Mrs has been having an off night.  She's very confused and argumentitive this morning.  The good part though, is that she slept through most of the night. 

This is supposed to be a gorgeous week with lots of sun and temps in the 70's to low 80's,  Gosh, I think I can handle that!  lol.  Last night, Su and I got to chat for a while and decide on upcoming collab kits.  She is such a smart lady.  I always learn something new and interesting when we chat. 

In answer to a question yesterday about the Cayenne Pepper and how to use it,  basically you just sprinkle it on the dirt around the plants (or where the bulbs are planted.  I might even put a little bit in each hole where the bulbs are.  After rain or watering, you would have to re-apply the cayenne pepper. 

This morning, I have an offering for Mandarin Orange Monday.  I do love the color orange, so I changed this beautiful yellow rose to an even more beautiful orange.  Then I removed the background and replaced it with one of my own textures (#4599).  The rose itself is on it's own layer.  After that, I applied another texture (#142 from frostbo-d5ahct).  Sorry about that name, but that's what was given.  Next, I applied the "difference" mode in Photoshop.


Oh lookee.  the sky is getting light - Day is breaking!  That means that I'll be going home soon.  This is a fun part of the day for me.  As soon as Pogo hears my car pull in the drive, he gets all excited waiting for the door to open.  Then he runs lickety split to the doorway and jumps up into my arms and gives me kisses.  Gee, I think he likes me!

Now for the first two parts of the September collab kit "Designer Stash 001".  We thought we would be different this time and offer you a CU kit.  If you like it, we have plans for more in the future.  Here is my preview and the links for Parts 1 & 2.


http://www.mediafire.com/?1ws7rgop65sq573

http://www.mediafire.com/?o6b4kkeghxcp53z

And here is Su's preview.  You will have to visit her site to download her parts, which should be posted later this morning.  Do take a moment to stop and say thank you.  It is so appreciated.


I just checked Su's blog address, and it is down for the moment.  If you find it down when you go there, do give it a few moments and try again.  Thanks so much.

Now it's time for me to check on the Mrs again, and pack up my things to get ready to go home.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

11 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your MOM rose is a winner. And, I am impressed with all of your edits ... You are really getting good at this. Did you learn that in your PS class? I am interested in your textures ... do those come in your kits or could I get them as a separate item?

Love that Pogo is to happy with you. Given what he has probably been through, it is a happy new beginning for both of you.

I have company coming tomorrow, so today is clean all the things I normally ignore day :) Hope you have another wonderful day ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Chris Allport said...

Thank you so much for the first parts of your wonderful Designer Stash 001.

Wow is this the start of something big.

I'm an amateur designer and luv picking up CU freebies.

Lots of luv

Chris

suruha said...

I've posted. You said my blog was down? Check it again, please, and let me know.

Your rose is magnificent! You really did a great job with it!

By the way, the 'Frostbo...' name has the number behind it as that is how DA does it. You don't have to put the numbers in, but, it doesn't really matter. Frostbo is the artist.

I'm off to move more of my files from MediaFire and change the links in the posts! LOL I read where this happened to yet another scrapper - in France! LOL She said it was 4-Shared that she received the notice from.

http://lafoliedudigiscrap.blogspot.com/

(It's the second post down, if you want to read it.)

Have a marvelous Monday, my friend!

Hugs,

Su

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O you have outdone yourself with the lovely orange rose. GREAT JOB!! (course yellow rose is my fav) The orange looks terrific. Thanks for the kit offerings, I will download and go pick up Su's if it is ready! I so appreciate your sharing! Have a beautiful week ahead! Hugs for Pogo! and you too! Mat

Chubskulit Rose said...

I love the color of your rose!

Splash of Orange
Have a great week ahead.

Nani said...

Oh Edna, you you did a beautiful job on the rose! It's such a vibrant and real shade of orange too!

This month's kit is such a generous gift; CU supplies are essential even to make color challenge kits or blog freebies and they are so expensive, especially when you aren't selling your kits. Think you both so much! I want to do a Christmas kit this year...want to, and you may just see a couple of things you recognize in it. :)

Hugs, Nani

Chris Allport said...

Dear Edna

I used one of your papers from your stash.

Have a look at my blog:

http://chrisallportdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Looking forward to next weeks part already!

Thank you once again.

Luv Chris

Monica S Engell said...

Fantastic job you have donewith this rose! Love the rich orange color and the wonderful background!
:)

Deborah said...

great rendering for Mandarin Orange Monday!

smiekeltje said...

It is nice to know your pet is happy to see you again!
Wonderful rose, love the color!
Have a great day, westher here has changed, at the moment raining, more wind, perhaps we still can get a few moments of sunshine.
Oh well, that's the time of the year.
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

Edna I think that is my favourite of your works so far. it is beautifully processed. The masking (?) of the rose is perfect and the background textures are so rich and warm and complement it so well. Thanks for being part of Mandarin Orange Monday. Hope your week is good:)