Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Interesting Tidbits

June 7, 2011

Good morning, although soon it will be afternoon.  This cold has drained pretty much all of my energy, and unless it's necessary to get up, I've been spending lots of time in bed.  Once I start moving around, the coughing gets worse, so I find it easier to lay low.

Of course, this whole time I've been incapacitated with this nasty cold, the weather has just been gorgeous.  But then, isn't it always that way?  And Tootsie, God bless her, doesn't care at all.  She's just happy to anywhere with me, as long as it isn't in the shower.

I don't know if I ever told you, but Tootsie is a Chinese Crested Powderpuff.  A few puppies of this breed are born with hair and they are called Powderpuff.  Before I got Tootsie, I had never seen a Crested.  But I tell you, they are a fantastic breed.  She has been an absolute joy in my life.

I have a little folder in which I keep interesting things that I read or see that I think might be interesting to share here.  I keep putting things into the folder, but very little is coming out of it.  So today I will bring out one article to share.  This article comes from the column "Ask Marilyn," written by Marilyn vos Savant.  In it, she describes our solar system with fruits and vegetables. 

"If the sun were a pumpkin about a foot wide, Mercury would be a tomato seed 50 feet away;  Venus, a pea 75 feet away;  Earth, a pea 100 feet away;  Mars, a little raisin 175 feet away;  Jupiter, an apple 550 feet away;  Saturn, a peach 1,025 feet away;  Uranus, a plum 2,050 feet away;  and Neptune, a plum 3,225 feet away.  Pluto stays in the fridge."  I must say, I find this sort of information quite interesting.

I do have a couple of photos to share.  Last Friday, at work, I found this little Sparrow hiding up inside the Mrs' beauty bush.  He did quite a bit of squaking at me, so I'm sure there were most likely babies somewhere in the bush.  In the first photo, the Sparrow was trying to ignore me (hoping that I would not see it and go away).  The second photo shows the little Sparrow looking up towards Heaven and asking God for some help in getting rid of me.



For the past few weeks, I have been experiencing much difficulty trying to leave comments on a couple of friends' blogs.  Once the comment is written, Google makes you click on the "post comment" button three times, then sends you to a "sign in" box where you must sign in again.  When you are sent back to your comment, you are once again sent back to sign in again.  This time, when you return to your comment, it has been erased by Google because your sign in was never completed (?). 

I checked on Google for information regarding this situation and found this:  "We're investigating an issue which is preventing login  and comment posting for some users, and hope to have a fix released shortly.  Thanks for your patience in the meantime. - Latest update on Tuesday, May 24, 2011."  I truly hope this is fixed soon, because it is really a nuisance.

Now it is time to what's for lunch for Tootsie and me.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: