Sunday, June 26, 2011

Another Great Weekend Day

June 26, 2011

Good morning.  Wow, I'm looking at the weather channel, and it's showing some wicked hot temperatures over most of the country.  We are among the very few areas that are supposed to have temps in the 70's.  The rest of the country is looking at high 80's and 90's and even some temps over 100.  That's just a bit too warm for me.

Joe went shopping with me yesterday, and we picked up the fencing materials for the veggie garden.  He will try to get it all up today.  While we were at there at the garden center, I found a really beautiful lily.  Of course I had to buy it for our garden.  I will take a photo and tell you more about it tomorrow. 

Here's today's trivia:  1 - Who wrote the 1956 poem "Howl"?  2 - What media observer once warned: "Surface at once.  The ship is sinking"?   3 - What, according to Joni Mitchell, "took away my old man"?  Have fun.

How about some fun photos?  I took these a few days ago out my kitchen window.  I know that these are the pesky birds, but as you can see they have hungy babies too.  So we fill the feeder a few extra times.




I've been watching (on TV)  the pet "adopt-a-thon" that's being held in Joplin.  People have traveled from 24 states to Joplin to adopt pets that were left homeless from the severe storms and tornadoes that devastated that area.  Do I have to tell you how warm this makes my heart feel? 

Now it's time to get dressed and start my day.  I need to get a few things done before it's time to go to work tonight.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

Trivia answers:  1 - Allen Ginsberg,  2 - Marshall McLuhan,  3 - A big yellow taxi.

No comments: