Friday, December 13, 2019

Wrapping, Wrapping, Wrapping!

December 13, 2019

Good morning.  Today is cloudy and the temperature is 33F degrees.  However, it should keep getting warmer all day and night, one or two degrees at a time, until it is all the way up to fifty degrees by six o'clock tomorrow morning.  Of course, that most likely means that it will be raining by then. 

Well, I did it!  Yesterday afternoon, I settled in to do some wrapping.  And I wrapped.  And I wrapped.  There is still a bit left to finish wrapping, but I think I can get it all done by this weekend.  Later today, I want to finish packing a box that needs to go out of state.  After that, everything else is local. 

Last night, I put a few more rows on the red and black afghan.  Today I think I'll take photos of the afghans.  Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to photograph the color red?  It never comes out looking right.  If anyone knows the secret to photographing this color, please do let me know.

Deanne has offered to take me out shopping today, but so far it is not a good breathing day.  So, I think I need to stay indoors.  Maybe I'll see if she can go to the bank for me so that I can pay some bills. 

Tomorrow night, Deanne and Eddie, and a couple of their friends, are going to the Paris Cabaret to see Jazzy and the other Starliners perform the Malt Shop/Christmas show.  I'm going on New Year's Eve, and I'll see the show then.  Here are two of the posters from this show's advertising.



The mailman just came and brought two more packages.  One is a box of paw print Christmas Tree Ornaments.  The other is a couple gifts.  (that I will need to wrap)  I bought these from Greater Good, another way to donate to the animals.  This week, I will be writing out my Christmas checks to a batch of animal rescue shelters, and organizations that help our disabled veterans.  I do this two or three times during the year. 

I'm getting a late start today.  I finally got a really good night's sleep, and this morning I just did not want it to end.  So, Pogo and I got up late.  Yup, he was enjoying the extra sleep too.  But then napping is his new hobby.  Well, I confess, it's mine too.  Actually, I think napping is a perk of reaching such a lofty age as we have. 

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading before getting to this new day's chores.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Happy for you that your boots were a good buy! And yes, I think it is time also for some warm an fuzzy houseslippers.
so you were a really energetic girl, that you wrappes so much presents. It is sometimes hard to start it, but once you get into it, it is better to hold on to it as long as you can and then you have the wonderful surprise that almost all the wrapping is done dsuddenly LOL!
Also a good thing you had a good night sleep and you are right to nap a bit longer if you can.
Brrr, youre weather looks to be much colder than ours at the moment. We still didn;t have snow and alomost no frost, lovely!
Hope your breathing gets better again real soon.
Now I will do a little solitaire game and then it will be time for the news, a cup of coffee and watching a real interesting and rather difficult quiz(that is on every Friday).
Have a lovely weekend and take care!
Hugs
Kyra

Sue said...

So happy you have almost finished with gift wrapping, I have been planning to do mine this week, and addressing cards, hoping I will be finished this weekend.
So nice you to support the care of animals, it is so much needed!
Prayers that you feel better and good sleep continues for both you and Pogo!
Blessings,
Sue

Mary Ann Roesler said...

If you call me I will tell you how to fix it. It has to do with you lighting when taking the photo. Mary Ann

BTW I was in the hospital from Dec 1 -4th with diverticulitis.
Thanks for the beautiful BD card.

Theresa said...

I pray that today is a better breathing day! I love those posters and I know you are looking forward to seeing the show on New Year's Eve. I have wrapping left to do too, but not much and shopping that I do now will be just for extras. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Steve Reed said...

I admire how diligent you are about getting all your Christmas stuff done!