Monday, December 30, 2019

Time Really Is Slipping By Faster

December 30, 2019

Good morning.  It's almost eight o'clock and it is still not very light outside.  Actually, it's a lot lighter than it was twenty minutes ago.  It is raining, so maybe that's why it's so gloomy looking out there.  It seems like most of the country is in for really yucky weather today and tomorrow. 

I'm really hoping that we won't have icy roads tomorrow night.  I don't normally go out on New Year's Eve, but this year I'm making an exception so that I can hear Jazzy sing.  I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that the roads stay good and we all get home safely.

Well, once again I did not stick to my game plan.  Joe was doing laundry yesterday so I decided to do mine today.  What can I say, any excuse is a good excuse not to do something.  I was tired yesterday so I treated myself to a couple naps.  I think my energy will perk up when the temps start to go up and the sun shines warmer.

I found a couple items on Facebook that I thought were worth sharing here.  These are about your pet's health and safety. 




It's hard to fathom, but there are only two days left to this year.  It seems the only part of the year that goes by slowly is the winter.  The cold weather tends to linger.  After reading an article about why it seems that time passes by much quicker as we get older, I find that there is scientific truth to this fact.  I won't go into the details.  (you can look this up on Google)  It was all very technical and confusing to me, but at least now I know that it really is going by faster than it used to.  (to me.)

I was listening to the news this morning, and they were talking about how important it is for folks to get their flu shots.  Did you know that there have been 2200 deaths so far since the end of September from the flu?  This includes both adults and children.  Please, if you didn't get your shot, get it now.  And if you do already have the flu or a bad cold, stay home and don't pass it on to others. 

Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading.  First I'll put in a load of laundry to make sure I don't talk myself out of it.  hahaha.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B

2 comments:

Buttercup said...

Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year. Hope the weather cooperates so that we all can get around tomorrow night.

Steve Reed said...

I did not know that about xylitol -- interesting! I'll have to keep an eye on our peanut butter labels.