Friday, December 27, 2019

Sometimes I'm Just A Kid At Heart

December 27, 2019

Good morning.  Tis six o'clock and it's still dark outside.  I had a nice nap yesterday afternoon, so I woke up super early this morning.  The temperature is 33F degrees, and it is supposed to get up into the forties today.  But we are expecting rain all afternoon.  At least that's what my phone weather app says.  This would be a good day for it to be wrong about the rain.

Deanne and I are going to my granddaughter Shanna's house early this evening.  I have afghans that I've made for her and each of my great grandsons, Nick and Carmelo.  The red and black afghan that I'm making is for Shanna's older brother Trio (Gary III). 

I had a lot of fun this Christmas.  While I was looking through some of my many catalogues (way before Christmas)  I came across some prank boxes for wrapping gifts inside.  So I bought two of them, one for my SIL Mac and one for my SIL Eddie.  Here's a photo of the box.  It's not a very good photo but you can get the idea. 


There were directions on the box showing you how to attach this gadget and on the back of the box were instructions on how to hook it up to the water.  There were also lots of hints of how else this unique item could be used.  All of them hilarious. 

When Mac opened his gifts and he got to this box, he obviously thought I must have lost my mind.  It did not strike his fancy so he didn't even open the box.  Later, of course, he did (after being talked into it) and got a nice surprise. 

When Eddie unwrapped his gift, he got the biggest chuckle out of it.  He thought it was rather interesting and thought provoking, if not hilarious, and set it aside to open at home to try to see how it worked.  Deanne and I were laughing so hard we had tears running down our cheeks.  We finally talked him into to opening the box here so that we could see it too.  Aha!  Another big surprise!  Let me tell you, I got my money's worth out of these prank boxes. 

Here are a couple photos of Eddie looking at his box.  The lighting was low because there was light coming in from the door, so I lightened the photos up.  Eddie's reaction was priceless. 



In case anyone is interested, the catalogue was "The Lighter Side Co."  (www.lighterside.com)  Both recipients enjoyed the box and were busy later figuring out who they would re-gift it to.  Sometimes it is fun to be childish for a little while.

Last evening, DIL Janet came by after work.  We had a nice visit and exchanged our Christmas gifts.  I haven't seen her in a while, so this was an especially nice visit.  We had lots of gossip to catch up on. 

I did a bit of crocheting for a while when I first got up this morning.  I put a few more rows on the navy blue afghan.  Now I can't wait to take a photo of this one.  It is soooo pretty!  Just ten more rows and I'll take a photo to share. 

My new Herrschner's yarn catalogue came yesterday, and oh my they have a new yarn that I want to try.  I'll take photos of it to share here.  It's a plush yarn and should make a wicked nice lap blanket. 

Today I really do have to catch up a bit with some laundry.  My laundry basket is full and I have a pile of Pogo's blankets that are wanting to be washed.  This should take most all day to get done.
 
Now I'm going to make some breakfast before starting on this new day.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Now that is funny:) It made me chuckle! Love giving gifts like that! Eddie's expression is funny, I know you enjoyed those prank boxes! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

kyra said...

How nice you got that visit from Kevin, Jazzy and friends. And what a great laugh you and Deanne must have had with Eddie opening his present!!!!LOL!
Hope the visit to Shanna will be lovely too and I am sure all will be loving your afghans!
P.s. Love the little witch you gave me! I will find a great place in the room for her!
Have a wonderful day!
Hug
Kyra

LV said...

Glad you had a great holiday with your family. Most of all that you were well and happy.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those prank gift boxes really put more fun in your holiday unwrapping. I found it hilarious that one SIL wanted to wait and open it at home...maybe he wanted to try what he thought was in the box! Just wondering what gifts were in them, Edna.

R's Rue said...

Such blessings.

Steve Reed said...

Those boxes are hilarious! What a great idea.