Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Pickles Explores The Christmas Tree

December 10, 2019

Good morning.  Tis a lovely day here in New England.  The sun keeps peeking out from behind the clouds and the temperature is 55F degrees.  Woo Hoo!  Of course, the rain is supposed to come back later today.  Ah well, I'll just enjoy things while it is so nice.

Yesterday went by quickly.  I know I was busy, I just haven't figured out yet what it was that kept me so busy all day.  I guess that's one of the perks of getting older.  Blissful forgetfulness.  Although I don't really know what is so blissful about it. 

I did call Herrschners Yarn Company, and they helped me find a navy blue yarn.  They also helped me match it up to two other colors.  Now the yarn for my afghan is ordered and will soon be on the way here.  After the navy blue afghan is finished, I still have two more to make for Aurora and Xander.  2020 is going to be another busy crochet year for me.

I have to share something adorable with you.  It seems like Pickles (Jazzy's kitten) is really enjoying the Christmas tree.  Deanne will surely have her hands full keeping their tree safe till after Christmas.



I did not do any wrapping yesterday, so I guess that's my project for today.  Some days I'm in the mood and other days I'm not.  I can't believe that Christmas is only fifteen days away.  Not too long ago, I was ahead of myself.  Now I'm running out of time to get everything done. 

Last evening, I did work on the yellow afghan for a while.  This one is much larger than I usually make them so it's taking longer to make it.  Plus it always seems to take longer to make an afghan that is all one color (like this one).  There's no rush though because I'm keeping this one. 

I just noticed that Joe's truck is in the driveway.  I hope he's not sick.  He doesn't normally lose a day of work.  I'll have to check on him when I finish this post.  I'm thinking I'll wait until after Christmas to mail the afghan for Ulf to Sweden.  I don't want it to get lost in this last minute Christmas Postal rush. 

Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading.  I have a lot to do today and I really should get started on it.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Terra said...

Now that is a true Christmas cat, she looks adorable in the tree. One year our cat knocked over the tree so we put a hook in the ceiling and tied the tree to it. Desperate but worthwhile measure.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I remember with each new kitten we would always worry about the Christmas tree, only once did we have a problem, now the cats just like to sleep beneath it.
Snow flurries here for us today, hopefully no accumulation, tomorrow rain.
It's a busy time of the year for us gals :)
Hugs,
~Jo

Beth Reed said...

I love the photo of Pickles in the tree. I have a feeling your right about keeping it safe. I have lost a few in the middle of the night when our kittens and cats decided to climb the trees and hear a crash in the middle of the night.
Good Memories because the kids thought that it was so funny that we could decorate the tree several times during Christmas break.
Which reminds me I think that I need to buy some heavy cord to hold the tree up because Stormy will want to climb it as well.
Have a great day!!! xxxx Beth, Olly, Foxy and Stormy... wishing you and Pogo lots of love hugs and cuddles.