Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

December 17, 2019

Good morning.  I'm getting a really late start today.  Sleep was patchy last night.  By the time I finally got up this morning, it had already started snowing here.  During the night, I watched a weather forecast for our area, and it said that we had a lot of snow headed our way.  I'll just have to wait and see what we actually end up with. 

I borrowed this image from the web.  I thought it was really great advice for folks like me.  hahaha.


Yesterday afternoon, Eddie came by and put up my porch lights.  It's only one string of lights, but it sure is cheerful to see when I open my door.   (That's the porch by the front door of the main part of the house.)


While Eddie was here, he carried my large tote full of photos out to the living room and we looked a photos until it was time for him to leave.  He also got down a lot of my corning ware baking bowls that I'm giving to Deanne.  We boxed them up and Eddie put them in his car.  I know that Deanne will get a lot of good use out of these bowls. 

I also sent a big bag of presents home with Eddie to put under their Christmas tree.  I still have lots more to send over there, but first I have to finish wrapping it.  Grandson Bobby's family will be at Deanne's house for Christmas, along with granddaughter Randi and her family. 

I'm hoping to visit with my Granddaughter Shanna and her two sons, Nicholas and Carmello between now and Christmas.  I have an afghan finished for each of them.  I haven't seen her new house yet so I'll have to find something nice for a "new home" gift. 

The mailman came by a little while ago and brought a couple more Christmas cards.  There's just something special about paper cards.  I love them.  As long as I can afford the stamps, I'll mail them.

Today I think I'l try to finish up wrapping things going to Deanne's house.  Once I'm done with my Christmas stuff, I think I'll get an early start on my taxes.  I have most of the expenses separated already, so maybe I can get them all added up.  This will alleviate one great big headache next year. 

Oh be still my heart!  Did I really say that I'm looking forward to getting an early start on my taxes?  And all I've had to drink so far is a half cup of coffee?  Aye yi yi!

I think it's time for me to leave now and do a bit of blog reading.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Good grief. I haven't even begun to cope with Christmas yet, and you're already moving on to taxes! The porch lights do look cheerful!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We have a snow day here in Nashua, NH as well, Edna and it's definitely a good day to be inside and writing cards which is what I also enjoy doing. And, if you send me you name and address to the email on my blog, I will send you a paper card too. Holiday lights always make a home look more cheerful this time of year and we used to decorate our NJ and VA homes, but living in a 5th floor apt there's only window decos now.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You have an early start to Winter, I'm afraid I like to look at snow, just so long as I don't have to run around in it, it makes me nervous because people around these parts do not slow down.
I'm wrapping gifts today, the perfect opportunity, because the weather outside is cold and damp, when it's warmer, I'll be out ticking off my to-do list :)
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year, dear friend.
Hugs,
~Jo

Theresa said...

Your lights are festive and cheery! I also love getting paper cards, people just don't send them that much with the cost of stamps continuing to rise. I love them and love sending them! Enjoy your day dear friend, countdown is down to 7! HUGS!