Monday, December 9, 2019

A Foggy Day In New England

December 9, 2019

Good morning.  Tis gray and foggy and raining outside, but the temps are rising.  It's 42F degrees right now, and may even hit the higher fifties by evening.  Of course, once the rain stops, the cold temps will be back. 

Well, I finally got all my Christmas cards addressed and ready for the mailman to pick up this morning.  I also packed up all the calendars that are being mailed.  They are all in a bag waiting for me to take them to the Post Office.

Now I just have to get the last two boxes ready for mailing.  I did not sleep well last night, so I'm hoping to gather up enough energy today to get these last two boxes done.  Normally it wouldn't bother me not to sleep at night; but with Christmas coming,I need to get so many things done during the day.  I'm sure it will all work out.

I want to thank the folks who decided to send a card to Carlos.  It will mean so very much to this little fellow.  I have one ready to go out today from Pogo, and tomorrow I'll mail another one from the both of us.  There's another one set aside to mail in a few days. 

We must have a substitute mail carrier today because the msil is late today.  As long as I don't miss him it's okay.  I'd like to get all these cards out in today's mail. 

I found this adorable image on the web and just had to download it to share.  It's a lot truer in real life.  My Pogo is a super doorbell, and he sits on his charger a lot.


Aha!  The mail is here, and all my cards are now on their way.  Now I just have to get to the Post Office and send off all these calendars.  I'm getting there.  Slowly.

I learned that one of my great granddaughters loves the color navy blue.  So that means that one of the new afghans will have to have navy blue in it.  I spent quite a bit of time last night going through my yarn catalogue looking for this color yarn.  I do have some by Red Heart, but it is too thick. 

For some reason, the Red Heart worsted weight yarns are not all the same thickness.  This is the main reason I switched brands.  Today I'll have to call Herrschners and ask if they have a color that is the same as navy blue.  I could not find one in their catalogue.

Before I get started on today, here's a cute giggle for you.  It sort of hits home.


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading and then get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I'm sorry you had a restless night. Glad the postal carrier finally showed up. That is a funny joke at the bottom of your post about the dog's paw!!!!! Take care and have a great day. xo

Kathy said...

You are ahead of me. I don't have any cards ready to go out. Hopefully this week! So much to do before Christmas.

Theresa said...

My cards are almost finished, it's hard to find the time to sit still and work on them. Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS! (stay warm)

smiekeltje said...

I love the photo of you and Santa!!! I'm sure, now he met you again, he remembers you and will have lots of presents for you!!!LOL,
You have'been busy lately, and got oh so much done. Don;t overdo it though! Some things canwait for a day longer!
It's a good thing you bought yourself a warm jacket and also that bedjacket. Warmth is something to cherish, specially when we get older!
Yes, I definately will send a Christmas card to the boy. It's a small thing that can make a child be happy.
Now you have a lovely day, and take some rest in between doing all the stuff you want to do!
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I can definitely understand the paw thing. But that's because people understand when something's an accident. The poor dog just thinks it's being punished!