Sunday, December 15, 2019

A Busy Weekend

December 15, 2019

Good mornimg.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 42F degrees.  My phone app is having a moment because it is saying that it is raining heavily right now.  Hmmm, maybe it knows something that the weather forecaster doesn't know yet? 

It also says that Thursday and Friday are going to be wicked cold - daytime temps of 20F degrees and nighttime temps of 13F degrees.  Gosh, I hope it will be wrong again!

Well, I had planned on sleeping late this morning, but Sir Pogo had other ideas.  He started barking as soon as he heard Joe out in the house kitchen making his pot of coffee.  I grabbed Pogo and stuffed him back under the covers so that I could get some more sleep, but he wasn't cooperating.  He wanted his turkey treat and that was that!  So I got up.

This weekend has been a busy one.  Friday afternoon I finished wrapping everything that needed be packaged and sent to my daughter Audrey and her family.  All I have left to do now is to finish wrapping  all my local family and friend gifts.  Those are about half done.  I have one more package to get ready for mailing.  That one is for my daughter Laura Jean.  That box will go out mid-week coming up.  Of course, I still have to help Santa wrap the things he dropped off here for the dwarfs. 

When I was finished with my wrapping Friday evening, I put up my little Christmas tree.  You can tell by looking at it that I was exhausted.  But I don't care.  I think it looks great!  I even put the new Christmas ornaments on it that I had bought from Greater Good.


Here's a close up of the new ornaments.  I just love them.  They have paw prints and little hearts all over them.


Yesterday, Deanne took me to the bank and shopping for a few last minute things.  It felt good to get out for a bit.  My breathing hasn't been great these last couple of days, but I need to be up and out once in a while.  Last night I ordered a few grocery items online.  Joe has to go out in a while, so he'll pick up my order while he is out. 

Last night, Deanne and Eddie and a couple of their friends went to the Paris Cabaret to see Jazzy in the Christmas show.  Deanne went dressed in her Mrs Claus outfit.  Everyone loved it! 


I took a picture of my latest electric bill.  Today, Joe is going to take a photo of the meter so that we can see if the numbers are the same.  Last year, I got a couple bills that were just a few dollars shy of $1000.  But this is just getting out of hand.  I wonder how folks are supposed to get by when this is only one of the bills that need to be paid every month.


You can see that last month (October) was over $700.  This new bill is for November.  I can only imagine what the December and January bills are going to look like.  I haven't been able to figure out why my usage was almost doubled in just one month.  Once we get the photo of the meter reading, I'll most likely be calling the electric company.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Don't you love it when the dog insists on getting up early? We have that problem too!

I like your little tree. It reminds me of the trees we used to have when I was a kid visiting my grandmother's house. She had a small artificial tree and it was perfect.

I just don't understand why your power bill is so high. That doesn't seem right to me. Again, it's been a while since I've lived in the states, and I never lived in a house -- I always had an apartment. But I seldom had a bill that went over $100. I think something is fishy about the way you're being billed. There's no way people can be expected to pay those kinds of rates.

Susan Zarzycki said...

My goodness! Unbelievable! Is your house all electric? Our house in Maine (mom's) is oil heated and the electric is about $84 mo in winter. It's an old drafty house though so we also use space heaters. In PA we have a large house and our mo bill runs under $200 with oil heat. Your tree is colorful and cute!

smiekeltje said...

Well, I agree with Steve in this! Of course there are differences in every country for power bills, but your bill seems really outrageous! You have to look into it and try to find out why it is so high!
I know ou cannot compare countries with eachother concerning bilss for living, but to give you an idea: I pay each month around 250 Dollar for my electricity and gas use. Then each year there is a settlement sometimes I have to pay something sometimes I get something back. So I find it a big difference between your bill and mine.

You little tree looks so cute! But you will have to talk to Pogo! He should let you have your sleep!!!
Have a lovely day
Hug
Kyra