Wednesday, November 27, 2019

So Many Wonderful Bargains To Shop For

November 27, 2019

Good morning.  It's only 5:30 a.m. and I've been up for about an hour.  My little Pogo was hungry so Mama got up and got him his breakfast.  Now that his tummy is full, he's back under the blanket, softly snoring.  What a delightful sound!

I'm watching HSN (shopping) on TV.  Today starts their free shipping and six payments on everything.  Right now, they are featuring electronics.  So far, I'm not buying, but I do enjoy watching and learning about the different products.

Wouldn't it be nice if they had a 10" laptop to offer?  Now that might tempt me to buy.  Maybe.  It would all depend on what the laptop could do, how much memory it has, etc. etc.  Right now, they are featuring their daily special, a Pac Man Arcade game.  Remember the fun we all had with Pac Man?  This arcade looks like a lot of fun.  (nope, I'm not buying it.)

Today I want to share some art done by my friend Mary Ann.  This is a Vintage Mining Shed.  She took the photo on one of her trips to either Arizona or Nevada.  I'm not sure which.  Then she applied her artistic touch to it, and voila!  This is just beautiful. 


I absolutely love the colors.  This digital art exudes a sense of peace and calmness.  Mary Ann, thank you so much for letting me share this. 

***** A short break to make a fresh cup of coffee and eat my breakfast.  Thank you for being patient with me. 

Well, the electronics portion of the shopping program is over so it's time to switch to Law and Order.  This is one of my favorite shows, so I'm enjoying all the re-runs.  These will be on till about eleven o'clock.  Then I'll probably switch to BUZZR, all older game shows.  My favorites are Match Game and Concentration.  But I like them all.

Yesterday, Joe took my package to the Post Office for me.  Then Deanne came by before work and packed up all my solar thingies for the winter.  I just have to pick up some heavy duty plastic so that we can cover the front screens on the porch.  Then I'll be all set for the winter. 

I want to thank Steve Reed for finding information for me on the Mullein versus Evening Primrose.  Now I'm not sure just what plant it is that I have growing in my garden.  It's probably Mullein because it gets really tall.  When I can, I'll go out and see if there are any seed pods on one of the plants.  If there is, I'll take one apart to see what the seeds look like.  Then I can look them up on Google.  In any case, it doesn't matter because the plant is beautiful and the birds love it.

Before I take my leave, let me share this image that I borrowed from the web.  All animals are precious, even when they have special needs or when they are old.  They all deserve a loving home.  So if you are thinking about adopting, please consider the "Less Adoptable Pet."  They need love too.


Now I'm off to do a few things before sitting down to some blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Gobble, Gobble, Gobble.  In turkey talk that means have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

LV said...

Always enjoy your daily life and issues. Also, glad to have you drop by place anytime. Have a wonderful, safe holiday.

Kathy said...

It is the time to close up the front porch and get things all winterized. Didn't you just open that porch up for the lovely summer weather? Time sure is flying by.

Your friend's picture is so pretty! I love the colors in it. She is very talented.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Theresa said...

I hope you and Pogo have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

Steve Reed said...

Have a great Thanksgiving, Edna! Happy to give you some info on the Mullein vs. evening primrose -- let us know what you decide about the plants in your own garden!