Sunday, November 10, 2019

It's Been A Wonderful Week

November 10, 2019

Good morning.  Tis an overcast day and the temp is up to...oh my gosh!  We're up to 42F degrees already!  Woo Hoo!   According to my phone app, we should even see 50F degrees for about an hour this afternoon. 

Well, it's been an interesting weekend.  Friday, well I'm not sure what kept me busy all day, but something did.  Yesterday, Deanne, Eddie and Kevin took me out to a late lunch (or early supper).  Jasmine had to work so she could not join us.  The food was delicious and I had a great time.  It's been a fun and exciting Birthday week, and I've enjoyed it all so very much, thank you.

Speaking of Jasmine, there was a beautiful post about her on FaceBook this weekend.  I tried to copy it, but it would not copy.  I took screen shots so that I could share it here with you.  We are all so very proud of our Jazzy.



I guess my cropping of the screen shots isn't the greatest.  Hang in there though, I'm learning my way around Photoshop and Windows 10.  I'll get there one of these days. 

On the way home from the restaurant yesterday, we stopped by Ocean State Job Lot.  They were running a special.  If you bought a winter jacket for $40 and paid for it, then gave it back to them, the jacket would be donated to a veteran and you would received a $40 gift card.  We each bought a jacket.  This was a win win.

While we were there, I found the most beautiful orange reversible mink/sherpa blanket.  You know I just had to have it.  It wasn't really mink, but it sure feels nice.  Pogo and I slept with it last night, and oh my, it felt so warm and comfy!


After we left the store, Eddie pulled the car over to the side of the road so that I could get a photo of the moon.  The sun was shining behind me, and in front of me there was a beautiful moon.  It was quite a distance away and I only had my phone with me, so this is the best shot I could get.


Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  I enjoy my visits to each of your blogs.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Beth Reed said...

Your phone camera still takes amazing photos and the one of the moon is really beautiful. I actually saw that moon or one like it lol.

The Sherpa blanket is gorgeous and just your color. I am glad that you stopped in Ocean State Job Lot and helped a few Veterans this cold winter!

I am battling a headache this morning so I have to go take something and lay down for a little while and then work on my blog. I know part of the topic I am going to write about... Each have 4 legs and a tail! I bet that you can guess just who is going to be a subject of my blog lol...
Hugs to you my sweet friend and lots of kisses to my Pogo. xxx

Angelicastar said...

Pogo seem to be very happy for the soft blanket. He seem to be enjoying it. (lol) It's great to have something to smile about on your birthday or any other day. It's always good to find happiness and that was so great they carried you out to eat for your birthday. We only get that year that we made it. No return and we need the memories. I hope you and Pogo have a beautiful and healthy day and stay arm under the blanket.

Theresa said...

Way to go Jasmine! I know you are very proud! Pogo and that blankey look mighty cozy:) What a great way to share with Veterans, $40/$40! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!