Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Being Busy Can Be Lots Of Fun

September 13, 2016

Good morning.  Ahh, it's another gorgeous morning here in my little part of the world.  We are in a transitional weather pattern.  Cool mornings, warmer afternoons and cool nights means that we are transitioning from Summer to Autumn.  In one more week, we will be entering another really beautiful season.  Spring and Fall are my two favorite seasons.

Mostly the only flowers left in my gardens are the roses, and a couple small butterfly plant blossoms.  Except for the plants in front of my little porch.  I'll take some photos of them to share here.  There are a couple rose plants that only produce one or two roses each year.  This is one of them.  We've already had one of these gorgeous blooms, and hopefully we'll get one more before the season is over.


Yesterday, I picked out the two photos for the covers of my newest Blog Book, which I ordered yesterday.  If you're planning on making a book, have a look at www.Blog2Print.com.  They are having a great sale, 25% off your book order.  However, the sale ends tonight.  Have fun.

These are the two photos that I'll be using for the front and back covers.  This year, I'm having a book printed for every four months.  I always try to use photos taken during the time span included in the book. 


As you can see, I had a busy, yet fun, day.  Obviously too much fun to go through that big stack of magazines and junk mail that I had planned on doing away with.  Sighhhhh, I guess I'll have to do that wicked chore today. 

Another thing that kept me busy yesterday afternoon was playing with my collection of beads and charms.  Trying to match these items to individual persons takes quite a bit of time, but oh my it is really such big fun!  So much fun that before I knew it, it was time to make supper and I had to put my toys away. 

My little Bamboo plant is getting tall, already twice the size it was when I bought it.  I'll have to pick up a package of small stones so that I can re-pot my plant into a bigger container.  As for the container, I haven't decided yet what I'll use.  I have a couple small glass bowls that might be nice.  But then a ceramic pot might be nice.  Hmmm, lots to think about.

It's getting close to lunch time now.  These cooler nights make me want to stay under the covers longer in the morning, giving me a late start on everything.  So, I think I'll meander out to the kitchen and see what looks tasty in the fridge for our lunch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

I finally got some sleep! Not sure what time that I finally fell asleep but it was nice when I finally did fall into dream land.

Oh what a pretty rose. The shade is just gorgeous. I love the front and back photos for your blog book! Thank You for the link to where you order your book. I really want to make one for my Grand kids for Christmas. I should get busy on that. How long before it is ready and delivered? I am leery of ordering just yet because of the move. I am not sure what my new address will be and as you know I can't depend on the office here.

Well the men came to measure for new cabinets and bathroom vanities in 8 apartments in this unit. They are going to be doing this unit first whether we are here or not. They couldn't believe how badly the shape of mine were. I am still waiting to hear news on the other problems!

Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons too. I love watching the rebirth of new life. The first buds on the trees and the birds building nests. In the fall I love the fresh crisp feel of that cool air, the changing of the leaves and it is the time of year that we enjoy our winter dishes. It is just so hot to eat in the hot summer anything really cooked. But fall is always nice for a pot of soup or a roast and homemade bread.

I have things to do today so I better get to it. Thanks so much Edna for sharing your beautiful photos with us... Cisco says sweet dreams. He is over here snoring. He didn't sleep much last night either. xx Love Beth

The Queen Jester said...

Lovely flowers. There's a definite feeling of fall in the air here in Minnesota. Very cool evenings, which is lovely for sleeping.

Annesphamily said...

Hi Edna, oh my goodness, I have a bamboo plant too that is growing like mad. I need a larger container for it. I think a nice clear glass container will be pretty with lots of pretty river rocks. The first one I had, when I was let go from my job, I brought it home, as it had been a gift and Mr. Kitty tore it up. So I put it in a cabinet with glass doors and it is thriving and growing like mad. It gets a lot of light so that is helpful.
Oh the cooler weather has me wanting to take more naps.
We are hearing the aspen leaves are getting to their peak already. Gosh, they turn earlier each month.
One of these days I am going to order a blog book and get you to help me through the process since I am going to be a first timer.
Thanks for your posts and keeping me up on what you and Pogo are up to. Take care.