Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Be Well Sassy Girl

September 20, 2016

Good morning.  It's really a beautiful morning.  The temp is around 70F degrees, and there's a teeny tiny breeze.  Sometime during the night it rained a little but it has stopped.  Pretty soon, the sun will be shining and later today the temps will get up into the low 80's.  If you're on vacation this week in this part of the country, be prepared for some awesome weather.

Yesterday was quite the busy day.  Shortly after I had finished posting here, my daughter Deanne called from work to say that her little dog Sassy was not doing so good and could I see about taking her to a doctor.  So that's what we did.

Kevin, Sassy, Pogo and I went to the VCA Hospital where Pogo goes.  They have an emergency department so you don't have to wait for an appointment.  After being checked by a technician and the doctor, Sassy had to be admitted for a few hours to have some tests and blood work. 

Later, around 5 p.m., Deanne, Pogo and I went back to get Sassy.  Some of her test results won't be back until maybe tomorrow, so we have to wait till after that to find out what was wrong with our Sassy girl.  Poor Pogo.  He did his best to get Sassy's attention, but Sassy only had eyes for her mommy.

I have an adorable photo to share with you.  I found this on Google.  There was no mention of the photographer's name so I don't know who to give credit to.  I just thought that it was quite precious, and that you might enjoy seeing it.


I've been looking around for some new crochet projects, and I came across this cute hat.  It's called a "Cupcake Hat".  Gosh, I wonder why???  It really is cute though.


Last night after supper, I spent some more time on my laptop and made another new quick page.  So, what are all these QP's about?  Why, Halloween of course!!  It's one of my favorite holidays, and I love making these quick pages.  I could show you a sneak peek of a few of them, but I think I'll let you wait until October to see them.  haha.  (Yeah, I know.  I have a little mean streak in me!)

Today, I really should chase a few dust bunnies around.  I've been neglecting them lately, and it's looking like a whole lot of their friends and relatives have moved in with them.  This is not acceptable.  (They don't pay room and board, so these extra ones have to go.)

That said, it's time for me to get dressed, and start a load of laundry.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Poor Sassy! I do hope that she does get well soon. Poor little girl. I am glad that she was able to be seen at the Vet's Emergency Clinic. It is really sad when our fur babies are not well. I get all panicky when Cisco is not feeling well. I think that my baby boy is having some hearing issues. Some days he barks at the tiniest noise and other days it is like he is stone deaf!

Jonathan and I went to pick Nathan up from work last night and had dinner while we were there. With Nathan's 50% discount, we didn't do too bad at all. Nathan works at one of Austin's Famous BBQ places. I am going to go over and update my blog in a bit and I took pictures that I will share. Pictures of the inside of the apartment and pictures of the restaurant.

I am not packing today. I have hurt my foot and leg and I am trying to let it rest up. It has been very painful for 2 days now. In the back of my mind I am worried. Cisco jumped from the bed the other day and landed right on it. His toenails caught at a particular spot on top of both the pinky toe and the one next to it. I don't see any signs of infection but it really hurt as he is a pretty hefty little guy. But now the pain has moved up from the toe to the foot and up the leg.

OOh I do so love the Witch and Angel. How cute! I love the little cupcake hat too. My little grand daughters would look adorable in one of those. Cathy and Celeste both love hats. I don't get them for them because it is a "Daddy" thing. Both my Son and Son In Law try to find the most unusual hats they can find. Cathy has this Octopus hat... It is the most unusual, (okay, UGLY) hat that I have ever seen. A huge octopus on top for the head in Purple and long black dreadlocks (Tentacle's) that come past her shoulder... 8 of them... She loves it.
Celeste has a Monkey hat! It is cute but the cutest she has is a puppy dog hat. It is a Basset hound... The long ears are so cute but the eyes on the puppy just crack me up. I have a picture of my son wearing the monkey hat after a particular bad day at work! So he went out to get a 6 pack of beer and he found that hat. He had a beer in one hand and was wearing that snarky hat. I thought of sharing it one time on FB and then I decided not to. I shouldn't embarrass the boy too much lol.

Well since Cisco and I slept from 10:00 pm last night until after noon today I suppose that it is time that I got up from here and find the rest of my BBQ sandwich and eat something. I kept waking up all thru the night. At 4:00 am I had to get up and take a pain pill. It takes about 20 minutes for it to kick in. I really dislike taking them as they leave me feeling like my movements are in slow motion, but since it was in the middle of the night and I could just go back to bed I didn't hesitate to get up and take it.

Jonathan is not feeling well. This is the second day that he is home but has to work the rest of the week. His boss is about to become a grandmother this week so Jonathan is going to take her days, so it is good that if he doesn't feel well now that he is resting up. His boss is so good to Jonathan and he is good to her right back. She asked if he would switch his days off because they are supposed to induce labor for the new baby early Friday morning so she wants Thursday, Friday and Saturday off. Of course Jonathan had no problem with that at all. I just really hope that he gets over this little bug that has him not feeling well. I think that it is allergies. I know that mine have been really bad.

Can't wait to see the Halloween QP's..... Funny but I saved a few pics from the internet night before last to share with you of a Halloween theme... I thought that you might like them.
Gotta run.. Give Pogo love from Cisco and I... and hugs and kisses to you too.... Love Beth and Cisco.

Annesphamily said...

Hi Edna, I sure hope Sassy is going to be ok. Hate to see the furry ones feeling badly too.

Do you know Gert? She is a great friend and has a blog called Gert, Tom and Rusty. She lost her hubby Tom in January and now she is on her own with Rusty her cute lil dog. She puts up great photos and such too. She lives in Iowa.

I am in a teacup exchange. The gal Stephanie lives in Colorado. I never get to meet folks from Colorado these days. It was fun getting to know her a bit.

Seems like you always have fun around your place. Pretty flowers and lots of projects. Good to see you here today. Have a great Tuesday.

Blessings, Anne

smiekeltje said...

Oh, I hope there is nothing real serious going on with Sassy.!
Gosh, you just reminded me of Halloween. Not that we do a lot with it here, but perhaps I should make a kit for it? Not sure yet, I've made quite a lot of them over the years.
We also have quite nice weather this week, when you consider we go towards end september.
Today should be one of the best days, so perhaps good to do my groceries today, it will be nice to have that walk.
I'll think about it.
Well, you have a great day.
Hug
Kyra