Wednesday, August 20, 2014

An Afternoon At The Park

August 20, 2014

Good morning.  And it is indeed a beautiful morning!  If I could have three wishes, I think one of them would be to have this gorgeous weather year round, with some rain sprinkled in here and there of course. 

Well, yesterday Pogo and I went out for a while.  First to the bank, then to the nail salon to have my nails prettied up.  Then we took a ride to the park.  While we were there, Pogo got to meet the cutest little white Maltese puppy.  Needless to say, they had a wonderful time getting to "know" each other.

There was a very interesting pigeon couple there, enjoying the sun. I believe these are rock pigeons.  The "Mr's" colors were just gorgeous.  His mate was much lighter colored and did not stray very far away from him.



On another rock I found this beautiful gull taking in some sunshine.  As pesky as these birds can be, I still have a fond spot for them.  They are so eager to please.  Just give them something to eat and they will give you all the fabulous poses you could ask for.


After our afternoon out, I stopped by a local drug store to pick up some calamine lotion for Joe.  Seems he picked up a good case of poison ivy while cleaning out the front yard last weekend.  Gosh, I feel so bad for him.  Earlier in the day, I had him make up a bowl of salt water to keep dabbing on his rash to help get of the itch and start the healing process.  After that he can dab on the calamine lotion and hopefully he will start to clear up soon. 

After supper last night, I settled into my lounge chair and worked on my yellow crochet project for a while.  I'm going to have to take a photo of it because it is really coming out quite pretty.  As soon as the nights get much cooler, I'll finish working on the lavender afghan.  Right now, I'm enjoying working on the lighter weight afghans.

Well, now it's time to spend a few minutes with my Gazelle.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a really awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

I know a lot of people don't like the sea gulls, but they are pretty birds and fun to watch.