Thursday, March 13, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EDDIE

March 13, 2014

Good morning.  First let me say "Happy Birthday" to SIL Eddie.  Yesterday was his birthday.  Unfortunately, he and Dee Dee and the kids have all been sick with the flu, but thankfully are now starting to get better. 

This morning, I have been able to catch up reading on two blogs, but then the internet put a stop to that.  Now that I am back on, I will post what I can. 

Yesterday, we found a beautiful park by a large lake.  There were quite a few birds and we were able to take a lot of photos.   As soon as I can process some of them, I will post them.  Now that we have found some birds to photograph, I am a much happier camper.

My feet keep swelling up, making it difficult to do much sightseeing, but that is okay.  I'm getting lots of rest, and I enjoy sitting out on the porch with my crocheting.  I did enough walking yesterday to last me the rest of the week.

Here is one of the local birds, and a gift that the girls gave me before they left.  It's a big yellow M&M.  For some reason, the yellow one is the hardest one to find.




That's it for this morning.  The internet is acting badly and I don't want to lose this post.  So, till time, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Lovely post Miss Edna, so sorry you have the internet problems while there, but it does give your more time for other things to enjoy! LOL! Happy Birthday to Eddie, may you be blessed with many more to come! Love your yellow M&M. Chat more with you next time. Hugs for you and Pogo! Mat

Nani said...

Well, getting better is a decent present, right? Although not getting sick in the first place and a winning lottery ticket would be a better present. Happy Birthday, Eddie!

I’m glad you found a good park for birds. I know you were looking forward to getting bird pictures in Florida! I thought you’d rented a scooter for sightseeing before? If not, it’s a good thought to see if there is someplace local to rent one. They have the collapsible ones that are the size of a suitcase when you’re in the car. You can actually have them delivered to your destination like the box you mail out to wait for you. I think they have a basket that Pogo could sit in too. (Notes for next year, maybe?)

Yellow is hardest to find because he has the sweetest personality! :) He’s my favorite too!

Oh the photos look so warm and sunny! We have sun in Toledo today…and it looks even brighter sparkling off our new 7” of new snow from yesterday! (rolls eyes) Yeah, I’m feeling like Mother Nature’s teenage daughter now!

Keep enjoying the wonderful weather, photos and time to relax!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Oh, sned a happy birthday wish to Eddie for me( if the internet will allow). Poor Eddie, Dee Dee and family, all with the flu. Thank goodness it's going better with them.
Great you found a spot to be able to photograph some birds!
Pity, you have some trouble with your swelling feet, but okay, it makes you take a lot of rest too. You just will have to take shorter trips then,isn;t it?
Love the M&M, he is sooo cute.
Happy for you you are enjoying yourself on your vacation.
That's what a vacation is all about, right?
Have a wonderful day, greetings to Janet
Hugs
Kyra