Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Nor'easter Headed Our Way

March 25, 2014

Good morning.  Goodness, did I have a nice sleep!  For some reason, last night sleep just would not come, and I did a bit of tossing and turning.  Finally around 3 a.m., I got the bottle of Melatonin, took one and went back to bed.  And slept.  I'd have kept on sleeping a bit longer but Pogo was wanting his breakfast. 

My little Pogo must have picked up a little cold, or maybe the cold weather just isn't agreeing with him because his appetite is off lately.  Last night, I made him hamburger and rice.  After one sniff, he walked away from it.  Other than a sketchy appetite, he is still quite perky and enjoys barking at most anything he thinks might have moved or made a sound.

I guess today I'll pay some bills, and weed my way through the huge stack of  catalogues and magazines that came in the mail while I was away.  I've been avoiding that large stack of magazines, pamphlets and junk mail, but I think it's finally time to do away with it.

Our winter storm watch starts later today for this evening and tomorrow.  The snow that has moved into Washington D.C, and New York is working its way here and should arrived by this evening.  Tomorrow is supposed to be snowy and windy with hazardous travel.  The wind is supposed to have gusts up to about 50 miles per hour causing blizzard conditions. 

While the eastern half of the country is dealing with this latest bout of cold wintry weather, the north western part of our country is battling mudslides and too much rain.  A lot of people have died, and there are more than a hundred people missing, but the continuing rain is making it very difficult for rescuers to find and save these people. 

It doesn't look as though Spring has made a very good first impression so far this year.  We keep saying "I hope this is the last Winter storm of the season" but so far hope isn't working.  I was going to be trimming back my butterfly bushes this week, but now I'll hold off for another week or two. 

Meanwhile, I have some more photos to share with you.  This first one is a tree that I saw in Florida.  I was so impressed with the shape of it.


Next is a shot of my Desert Rose plant.  This poor thing has tried so hard to die gracefully, while I keep trying to nurse it back to health.  Now it has some new shoots on it, so there is hope that it may bloom again too.


And lastly here's a shot of the beautiful sunflower that one of dwarf Helen's customers (at work) gave to her for her birthday recently.  Isn't this just gorgeous?


Now it's time to get dressed, pay the bills, and attack that stack of magazines and junk mail.  Oh joy, oh joy.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

I agree about the shape of that tree in Florida, it’s kinda like an orange! We had a very small bit of snow today, it snowed for a while and stuck just a little, but it melted away. I wanted to get a photo of the crocuses with snow, but it didn’t collect around them. Another Nor’easter for you is awful news! Give us all spring, REAL SPRING, now!

I hope Pogo’s pre-cold fades away and he gets back to normal eating. A sick furbaby is the worst thing because they can’t tell you exactly what’s wrong and what kind of comfort they need and you’d give it in a heartbeat!

Stay safe and warm!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Those magazines and folders and other junkmail is a lot of paper, but oh so nice to go through LOL! Just don;t let it temp you to buy things, hahaha.
Often there are things you see, that look very attractive and might be useful or just fun. Oh, know ALL about it, but we have to try at least to be strong.
Good you had still a good sleep.
What;s wrong with that little "monster"Pogo? Perhaps he just has a little cold and isn;t feeling up to 100%, and that's why he has no appetite at the moment. Like we all, he needs better weather and then he will be all to his cute and lovable himself again.
Have a warm and nice day.
Hug
Kyra