Wednesday, October 23, 2013

World Series Starts Tonight - Go Red Sox!

October 23, 2013

Good morning.  It's 4:17 a.m. and I've decided to give up on the sleeping for a few hours and get up and do something.  In fairness, I did sleep for a few hours earlier, but that messed it up for the rest of the night.  I'll be glad when this viral thing is done with and I can get back to sleeping better. 

Andrea, when I get out, I will pick up some melatonin and give that a try.  Meanwhile, tonight I think I'll try a bottle of Sam Adams.  That usually works pretty good.  Actually, I really do have to make a trip out to the drugstore.  I'm down to my last box of tissues, and my last two bags of cough drops.

Wow, today the temps take a 15 degree nosedive.  What happened to our Indian Summer?  October is usually a fabulous month for weather.  I wonder if the colder temps will be a hindrance at tonight's World Series game.  

I wonder if I waited too long to trim my bushes back?  I had planned to do it last week, but this viral thing changed a lot of my plans.  Unfortunately, cold or not cold, the trimming will still have to be done.

Today, I have some photos that daughter Deanne has sent to me via her cell phone.  She and Eddie and the kids went to Six Flags over the weekend for Frightfest, and had a wonderful time.  Dee Dee, that orange wig is simply fabulous!!!




Have any of you had problems with Internet Explorer and their newest update?  It has been giving me all sorts of hassles for days now.  I tried to update it but then it started making all sorts of changes to my laptop that I did not want.  I finally had to stop it. 

Now it won't play nice at all.  It interferes with anything I try to do on the web, and usually makes it impossible for me to open pages, make orders, etc.  So tonight I'm bringing out the big guns!!  I've put in a call to Wayne and he will be over tonight after work to fix this problem for me.  Actually, I'm going to call him during the day to make sure he doesn't forget me.  I can't put up with this mess any longer.

I think I should call the doctor too, and let him know that this viral thing did not burn itself out in the given week's time.  I really need to get back to work.   He'll probably tell me the same thing.  Drink fluids and get lots of rest.  Ha!

Now I think I'll make a cup of tea and try that "snoozing" thing again.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Love the orange wig- they look like they're having way too much fun!

smiekeltje said...

Great pictures
It depeneds which bushes you are talking about to trim.
Some you can do now, some have to wait till about March.
Most roses like it better to be trimmed in March. I always do that and they seem to grow well that way.
Hydrangeas also like it better if you leave the flowers on till March or so, they protect the news buds that will come up. Triem them in early spring carefully, so that you don;t cut off the new formed buds!
Butterfly bush can be trimmed now, as far as I know.
Not flowering bushes can aLso still be trimmed now, but do;t wait too long.
And about Internet Explorer, I almost don;t use it anymore. I have Mozilla Firefox and I like it, and almost no trouble with it.
Perhaps you should download that browser and try it out.
Hope some stuff you will get from the drugstore will really speed up your recovery from the viral infection. It has had its time now, it should go on holiday now LOL!
Hugs
Kyra