Sunday, October 20, 2013

GO RED SOX!!!!!

October 20, 2013

Good morning.  Did you watch last nights' game?  Woo Hoo!!!  GO RED SOX!!!   Actually folks, there are no losers in the playoffs.  All the teams worked very hard to get this far, and I count them all as winners for it.  Of course, I still want my team to win the big prize. 

Well, I got me a burst of "laptop play" energy last night, and was having myself so much fun that when I took the time to look up at the time it was already 3:30 a.m.  First, I decided to try working on the "Photo Friday" image supplied by The Queen Jester.  She had posted a photo of a young boy playing in the water at the seashore. 


What could I do with this?  Hmmmm, aha!  Why, I'll gather up a few of my friends and we'll go the beach and look for sea shells.  Funny thing though, when we got down by the waters' edge there was an adorable little piggy stretched out in his beach chair and enjoying the breezes.


I'm not going to tell you which one of these lovely beauties is me.  Just know that the skinny one is my dear SIL.  Can you tell how much fun I was having on my laptop last night?  lol.  Except for the photo of the water, I found all the other components of this image on web.  Thanks, Google.

Next, I decided to play around with a little photo that daughter Audrey sent to me from her phone.  Because of the lighting, the photo was very orangey and she had asked me if I could get rid of some of the orange.  Well, one thing led to another, and another, and another, etc. 

I'll have to print some of these out for her, and then I'll put all of it on a disc and send it to her.  It will be so nice when the cable companies finally get around to putting internet service in the cornfields of Virginia.  Then I'll be able to send photos through email.  Ah well.  Here's some of the fun I had working on Audrey's photo.







If you click on one of the photos, they will all get bigger and then you'll be able to see the differences much better of the different filters used.

Before finally climbing into bed, I used my brain and set out a plate of doggie food for Pogo.  For some reason, he likes to leave his supper to munch on during the night.  I don't usually leave his food down though because that's too long for the food to be out.  However, it was already almost time for breakfast time, so it wouldn't be so bad. 

It worked.  When I got up this morning, his plate had been licked clean.  Hmmm, it's not easy finding creative ways to get this little guy to eat his doggie food.  I don't relish the thought of setting my alarm clock every night to get up at 4 a.m. and set out Pogo's breakfast food.

Well, it's almost lunch time now, so I think maybe I should get dressed and start some laundry.  It's a beautiful sunny day, almost 60 degrees F, and I'd like to get outside for a while too and prune back a few of my plants and bushes.  Well, that's the plan anyway.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe have a fantabulous day.

Hugs,  Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

Congratulations on your baseball team.
Love that beach picture. How funny.
My Mom's Yorkie is a picky eater as well. Not mine, she will everything and anything. I have to measure her food and put the bigger dog's food higher so she doesn't steal it. I hope you don't have to stat setting your alarm clocks since you work all kinds of hours. Our doggies think they have to eat around 6 a.m.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I am still laughing with your Photoshop challenge picture ... what a great sense of humor you have. I love it. I was just stopping by because it is late and I have to start dinner. I've been busy trying to get some yard work finished because it is supposed to get down to 32 degrees here tonight ... and then stay that way all week. This is crazy and I am already looking forward to spring. That's not a good thing given that it is 6 months off ... UGH! I am going to cut this short, but will be talking to you tomorrow if all works out as planned. Go to bed earlier tonight ... up at 3am again :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

That picture at the beach......awesome, I had a big smile looking at it!
Playing with some filters in Photoshop can give great results sometimes. I kind if forget it, when I am using PSE, but try it out once in making a e.g. paper, put on a gradient, and use the mode "difference" on top. You would be surprised, you can even apply several of the same gradient, just put it on another angle each time, it's fun!
Seems we are going to have a few days of real warm temps for time of year, I can only hope so LOL.
On to post now, so I say bye bye till next time, have a wonderful day!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

That photo is too funny, I'm glad you enjoyed playing with it. It looks like you must be feeling a tad better as your energy level is up again...that's good!