Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Yellow Rose Tree Is Gorgeous!

June 28, 2011

Good afternoon.  This morning Tootsie and I got up early to meet up with Eddie at the local Home Depot store.  We needed to pick up some supplies for the laundry room project, and I wanted to move up the delivery date of a new freezer that I bought the other day. 

Eddie is remodeling my laundry room to make room for my new freezer.  This will be so good for me because now I can take advantage of great sales at the supermarket and have a place to put the food.  Eddie is also going to check my washing machine for leaks.  It's possible I may have to put the poor thing to rest along with the dryer.  We will see.

I got the nicest surprise this morning.  The buds on my yellow rose tree opened.  Oh wow, they are so beautiful.  Yellow is such a bright happy color.  Here are some photos that I took yesterday.



And here are photos from this morning.



Yes, yes, I definitely want more of these for next year.  This year, my garden is sort of hit and miss.  I put in plants that are blooming at the time, then they go passe.  Meanwhile, I keep adding new plants.  By next year, I'm hoping that there will always be something in bloom right through the Fall. 

This week, I want to take a ride to the local park to see how the goslings are coming along.  Of course, I will be taking more photos too.   We went through the park a couple of days ago, and the little goslings are starting to get tall.  They change so fast, just like our little ones.  lol.

Now it's time for me to get busy and maybe accomplish a few things around here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

When things are finishing their serving like LOL like washing machines etc. they seem to have a kind of agreement to break down on after another in short time!
The new freezer sounds great. And it is handy to buy sometimes larger amounts when there is a price friendly offer.
Your yellow rose look splendid! Don't forget to pinch off the finished blooms, often they award you with new buds every time.
It depends a bit on the kind of rose. If it's a one time short period bloom, then often it's better to leave the finished buds on the bush. cause then they show in autumn lovely rose-hips.
But when it's a species which has long term blooming, pinch them off.
Have to get posting now and get busy!
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I love the yellow rose tree. I may have to try one of the tree forms.