Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yeah!! We Finally Made It!

June 16, 2011

Good afternoon.  Yup, Tootsie and I finally made it to the beach.  We went straight to the ocean, and my what a surprise for me.  Everything looked so different from when I was younger.  There were new sea walls, and all the food vendors were gone.  It was high tide, and there were lots of folks sunning on the rocks of the sea wall. 

There were no sea birds - I only saw two gulls.  However, there were a couple of brave sparrows on the sea wall hoping to catch a yummy bug meal.  One of them actually got lucky while we were there.



I did get a lot of nice shots of the waves coming in, even a surf board rider.  But I'll save those for another day.  First I have to go through them, crop them, and make sure that no one is recognizable. 

In a couple of hours, Tootsie and I need to get ready to go see Jasmine starring in a school play.   Tootsie will be in her stroller, so no one will even know she is there.  She's very well behaved and doesn't bark at everyone.

Now I'm off to get a few things done here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Yeah for you that you made it to the beach! Are you planning to go again soon? It can be so nice sometimes at the seaside.
Curious about your other pictures of your trip!
Have a fantastic weekend
Hugs
Kyra

dmb said...

Edna -- thought I posted this earlier, but it seems to have vaporized......on my way out yesterday, I noticed the absolutely gorgeous fully opened pink rose on the rose tree.......a real beauty !!!!

Dwarf Donna

btw, which beach did you visit ??