Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Time Is Here!

June 21, 2011
Tis another gorgeous morning here in New England.  It's also the official start of Summer, and the end of the school year for most children.  I think it's also time for another round of blooms in the garden.  The lilies should be blooming soon.  While the pink rose tree has been looking just gorgeous, the large buds on the yellow rose tree aren't ready to blossom.  But, oh boy! when they do!

Later today, I shall go out and check on the progress of the veggie garden.  There have been lots of flowers on the tomato plants, so I'm guessing that pretty soon we will be picking tomatoes.  Woo Hoo!  I think we will go shopping for wire fencing later today, so that we can put something around the plants to keep the furry visitors out.

Later, I need to buckle down and get cracking on the July kits.  I've been very neglectful of my designing these past couple of weeks.  When the weather gets nice, I seem to get wander lust.  I also need to make an appointment at the nail salon.  My nails are beginning to look quite pitiful.

Today, I have photos of gulls in flight.  These were taken at the beach the other day.  I wonder where these birds were when I was looking to get "flight" photos? 




When I was taking these photos, a man walking by commented "Boy!  You'll take pictures of anything!"  I just smiled and said "Of course.  You never know what surprises you'll find later when you look at your photos."  Unlike this man, I think the birds are quite beautiful.

Now I think it's time to get dressed and get my day started.  There must be some fun kind of mischief that Tootsie and I can get into.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

First things first, although a day late, happy Birthday to Gary.

Sounds wonderful that your garden is doing a real effort to give already some nice flowering!
And yes, I too should take more pictures and look at them later, to see if there's any worth keeping. It's true what you said, you never know what might appear on them, looking at them later.
The gulls might be a pain in the a.... sometimes(here they are, cause they destroy the garbage sacks and leave a mess on the streets sometimes) but they still are beautiful birds.
Have a lovely day
Hugs
Kyra