Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh Wow, I'm A Snapdragon!!

June 14, 2011

Welcome to soggy New England.  One would almost think that the calendar has rolled back to April.  But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  Pretty soon the muggy hot stuff will be upon us and we will be longing for a week like this.  Besides, we haven't had to water the garden in a while.  Mother Nature has been doing it for us.

A friend sent me an adorable explanation for my forgetfulness and tardiness.  It seems I have entered the snapdragon part of my life.  This is good to know as it sets my mind free of worry.  Thanks Rhoda.



As for my diet, I seem to have hit a slight snag in the road.  I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing.  I need to get out more but I'll have to wait for some better weather.  Hopefully, this week will be good weather wise.  I need to trim one of the rose trees, and get some screening for our veggie garden.

It's a good thing that I looked at the calendar this morning.  There is a birthday coming up that I don't want to miss.  Since I lost my "Birthday & Anniversary" list, I seem to be quite tardy with a lot of my wishes.  As I remember a lot of the dates, I write them on my calendar.  Today I was reminded of how time is flying by me.  My two youngest babes are turning 48 and 46 this year.  Ouch!!

I remember 45 years ago ....... the doctors said to me "Just hold her and enjoy the next hour or two.  That's about all she can survive.  Sorry."  In November, she will be 46 years old.  She has sparkling blue eyes, pale blonde hair, and a smile that makes your eyes happy.  My friends, faith can sometimes move mountains.

Now it's time to give Tootsie her meds.  Then there is a stack of laundry waiting for me by the washing machine.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

Love the snapdragon analogy. Every time my hips pop I'll think of that.