Friday, June 24, 2011

Do Ducks Really Like The Rain?

June 24, 2011

Good morning!!  Yes, it's still damp and gray, but the temperature is nice and the gardens are loving this weather.  I'm wondering, why does everyone always say "Great weather for the Ducks."  Do ducks really like the rain?  How about lots and lots of rain?  Somehow, I can't picture this.

I'm at work now, so this will have to be a short post as the Mrs will be waking soon.  I do have some photos that I want to share with you.  Just before I left work yesterday morning, I got one last shot of a hummingbird coming to the Mrs' feeder.  Even though the window needs a good cleaning (which I will try to do on a sunny day when I am here), I was able to get a much better shot of the hummingbird.


I also have some cute photos of blackbirds that I took at the beach last week.  According to my bird books, they might be Shiny Cowbirds.  (or Grackles, or Blackbirds)  I'm not so positive, but if you know, please let me know.  Either way, they are rather pretty, especially when they get all ruffled up when they are calling out to each other.  (see second photo)



 While I was cleaning some of my brother's things, I came across a lot of Trivia and I thought that it might be fun to share some of it here with you.  So, starting tomorrow, I'll be posting a bit of trivia.  Now I must get back to work here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

It is raining today here too. And I don;t know really why they say ducks love rain, LOL.
Well, some rain will do good to the garden, it will need it during the next few days!
It's real quiet here at the moment, cause it is still early, and Jan is still sound asleep, wonderful. I too had a rather good night's rest, slept through all night till about 6.45 this morning. Miracle!!
Have a nice day,
Hugs
Kyra