Monday, August 7, 2017

Different Opinions

August 7, 2017

Good morning.  Tis simply beautiful outside my door.  Temps are cool at the moment, the sun is shining and there's a teeny tiny breeze just tickling the edges of my flag and the leaves s on the trees. 

Pogo and I got up early this morning and had breakfast.  He's decided that he's rather tired of boiled chicken and rice so I gave him doggie food for a change.  He must have appreciated the change because he ate most all of it. 

A week ago, Audrey and Mac attended another Taxidermy convention, and Mac entered his sculpture .  I'm proud to say that he took two awards.  "Best of Category - Original Art Professional" and the "Chris Barnhardt Award - Most Creative."  Congratulations Mac!!


Do any of you subscribe to Redbook magazine?  If so, does this latest cover bother you at all?  I realize that we all come in different shapes and sizes, but when we are carrying too much fat do we really have to flaunt it?  This is the cover of the recent issue of the magazine.  It features the winners of the "Real Women Style Award."


I think the woman on the left and the woman in the middle look quite stylish and really nice.  It's the woman on the right that bothers me.  Does her look really deserve a "fashion style" award?  Obesity is not healthy and I don't think that flaunting it in such an unflattering look is a good thing to do. 

No, I'm not picking on people who are overweight.  I'm in that group too.  I just don't see anything stylish about wearing an unbuttoned shirt to show your oversized gut hanging out over your pants.  Add holes in your pants and super high heels and OMG!  I'm not sure if this woman is getting ready to chop down a tree or to wrestle a big bear.  Ladies, is this really how we want to portray ourselves?  Nuff said!

p.s.  If this is your look, I apologize if my comments offend you.  I'm just very old fashioned in a lot of my views.

I guess while I'm on this rant, I should mention that I really wish that the fashion world would bring back the maternity clothes of years gone past.  We had such beautiful and feminine maternity clothes. 

Last week, the guy from the oxygen company did not show up when he was supposed to, so he's rescheduled to come by today.  I had asked for a morning appointment, but we'll see.  When I called for the appointment, I was told that the service guys did not even start their day on the road before ten or ten thirty in the morning. 

Here's a fun photo that Deanne sent to me.  This is my daughter Deanne (in the middle), and two of my granddaughters, Mia (left) and Brandy (right).  They are having fun at a luau party.  Mia and Brandy are my daughter Kerri's daughters.  I'm might proud of my girls!


Last night I thought I might put a few more rows on the blue afghan.  Well, once I got started, I noticed a rather big boo boo two rows back.  I tried to fix it but I could not, so I ended up ripping out two rows and starting over.  Some days it just does not pay to pick up the crochet hook.

Now I think I'll have me another cup of coffee before that oxygen guy gets here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Edna,
Say a big Congratulations to Audrey's husband for winning his awards. I really like his sculpture and also what a lovely photo of your granddaughter's. They are lovely and I know that your very proud of them.

So glad the shower is fixed but I think that it was pretty rude of everyone that did not thank Eddie for taking the time out of his day to look at it, go for parts and fix it and not have anyone tell him thank you. At least one person thanked him, but shame on the rest of them.

I don't get the Redbook magazine but I did see this cover on the book at the store and I was not impressed. I have seen a lot of heavier ladies dress very nice to enhance their body shapes, not to let it all hang out as the woman on the right. I need to lose a few pounds myself so I am not picking on anyone either, but I didn't care for her style but that is her choice. Still I think that they could have found a better photo for style.
I am with you. I loved the old maternity clothes. They were so pretty. I am sure that every woman that wants to show their baby bump is a proud mama to be, but this spandex hugging style is not very pleasing to the natural glow of a beautiful pregnant woman and I think that all pregnant women are beautiful.
Karyn and I went into the pharmacy today and this pregnant lady was wearing a tank top that came up right under her breast and a pair of jeans that snapped under the baby belly. Only she had a couple of snaps undone. I wanted to ask her if she needed maternity clothing because I know where she could get some for free but as she was checking out, she was incredibly rude to the clerk so I kept my mouth shut. Lot's of people do not want to be asked personal questions like that.

Oop's I have to get off here. Karyn is picking me up for the doctor at 2:30 and it is 2:17 and I haven't even had my shower.... Hugs to you and Pogo... Love Beth and Cisco