Friday, February 17, 2017

Call Me "Side-Tracked" Sally

February 17, 2017

Good morning.  It's cold, but the sun is shining.  There's still snow everywhere, so we really could use a couple of warm days to melt a lot of it.  I suppose when Summer gets here, I'll be wanting a few cooler days.  I remember that as a child, I loved the cold and snow of Winter and the heat of Summer.  Time and age have changed how I feel about the different weather seasons. 

Today's post is taking me quite a while to type because I keep getting side-tracked.  First, the mailman came by and I went out to get the mail.  Once I got settled again at my laptop, one of my little birdies came to sit on my porch gate to let me know that he and his friends were hungry.  So, I put together some food for them and took it outside. 

I have to apologize to you for not having a quick page this week.  I was too busy earlier to work in Photoshop, but when I did sit down to make a page, it disappeared when it was almost finished.  I don't know what happened to it.  I could understand if I had made it in Google (which you can't) but I was working in Photoshop.  Ah well, I promise to make you two quick pages for next week to make up for it.  Thank you for your patience.

Yesterday, I was really busy all day, but I haven't exactly figured out yet what it was that kept me so busy.  I did pay some bills, but I forgot to put them out for the mailman.  I did take Pogo outside for his potty run (after Joe got home from work and shoveled us a path).  But past that, I can't think of a darn thing that I did.  Ah well, it's not important.

I have to share a really funny photo that I borrowed from the web.  I like to call this "persistent optimism."


One of these days, I need to take my phone to Best Buy and see about buying a new program for getting rid of viruses.  Lately, I 've been getting messages on my phone telling me that it is infected and I need to click on a button and fix it "right now."  Of course, being wary of messages from unkowns, I do not click on the button.  Instead, I shut my phone off.    Maybe I can do this while Pogo is at the beauty salon next week. 

I keep all my photos (on my phone) on a media card, at least I try to.  But I think it's time to back them all up on my computer again.  One can't be too careful.  I've known too many folks who have lost all their photos because they were not backed up.

Lately I don't get out often, especially to take photos, but when it rains I can go outside and get photos of raindrops on the bush next to my door.  I took these photos a few days ago.  In the first photo, the raindrops are beginning to freeze.  But all the drops have beautiful patterns or reflections.




I was hoping to get out to the bank today, but I'm not sure if I will.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a much warmer day, so maybe I'll go then.  Right now, there's still too much ice on the ground in my driveway.  I'll put out a bit of ice melt and see how much ice it gets rid of.

For now, it's time to make some lunch.  Pogo is being very patient waiting for his food, but now he's giving me his best "starved" look, as he sits by the refrigerator.  Gosh, he knows just how to push my buttons!!  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous week.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh My Edna,
Those are some beautiful rain drop photos!!! I ooohed and ahhhed over them all. They are gorgeous.

Yep Cisco knows how to push my buttons too. Right now he is laying on my bed with that ever longing expression of when am I coming to bed. Soon my little guy, soon. So I understand how Pogo pushes your buttons wanting his dinner.

Awww I just looked over and Cisco is now in his spot. He brought me his puppy earlier and I put them both on the bed but I had to take a shower. Normally I take it earlier than this but I turned on the dishwasher as it was full and got the kitchen cleaned up.
Just sandwiches for us tonight. Neither Jon nor I was really hungry but I did a clean sweep of the fridge to make sure that I would have a full load in the dishwasher and not have to do them in the morning. In the mean time I talked to my son Matt while I waited to make sure I had hot water for my shower.

I hope that you get some warm weather tomorrow. We are supposed to have some wicked thunderstorms move in early Sunday morning. Actually after midnight tomorrow night we can see some rain, but they said we can get up to 3 inches by the time it rolls out of Austin on Monday. No cooler weather for us tho. In fact we might break temps for the warmest date in 20 years.

I think that I am go to go to bed. It has been a long day so you have a great day tomorrow. I will try and give you a call later on tomorrow evening... Hugs to you and Pogo...
Love, Beth and Cisco