Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Fun Exam For You

November 10, 2016

Good morning.  Last evening, I had a glass of beer with my supper, and an hour later I was happily snoozing in my lounge chair.  I snoozed the rest of the evening and most of the night.  I was up early this morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed.  (I really don't have a tail, it's just an expression)

For most of the morning I've been watching Fox News, listening to everyone's views about the outcome of the election.  Two things bother me.  The first is the horrid way the protesters are behaving.  There's a difference between protesting, and committing violent acts against other folks and their property.  I think they should all be ashamed of themselves.  I think they should have to pay for all the damage they have caused to other folks' properties, and they should also have to do community service for at least one hundred hours.

The second thing that bothers me is all the political voting statistics.  Unless the people quoting these statistics actually spoke to every voter as to their race, religion, income, age, and voting preference, how do gather their figures?  Unless they have checked each individual ballot, and checked it against the voter who cast it, just how do they know how many Latinos voted for which candidate?  How many Blacks voted for each candidate?  How many Whites?  How many working class people?  How many Evangelists?  How many ..whatever?   People, no one signs their name on their ballots at the polls!!!  (only the early voters in some communities sign their ballot envelopes.) There are no questions on the ballots asking people to describe themselves!!!

I always thought that voting was a private matter, and that no one had access to who voted for which candidate or issue.  Has this privacy issue been done away with?  Or maybe I've missed something along the way? 

Today is cool, but sunny.  So, Pogo and I and one of the dwarfs are all going shopping in a little while.  Or should I say browsing?  Either way, it will be a fun outing.  I want to pick up a small bag of planting soil.  I bought a new plant, a Bird Of Paradise, and I want to get it planted today.  I can't wait to see how pretty it will be when it blooms.

I also want to have a look around for some ideas for Santa.  He's wanting a bit of help this year with ideas for gifts for different folks on his list.  I really like this part.  It's fun choosing things that will make other folks happy.

I received an email from a friend a few days ago that I thought would be fun to share here.  This is an Eye Exam, and the email read:

     The School of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania conducted a survey called "What
     Do You Really See?"  People were asked to focus their attention on this simple picture, and then
     asked if they had noticed anything odd.

     Now you also have a chance to test your skills and see if you can pass......Study the picture for
     five seconds.  What did you notice?

     Here are the results of the survey:  (1) 100 % of males failed this test.  They were distracted by the
     woman's large bosom.   (2) 100 % of the females also failed this test.  They were distracted by the
     wide choice of doughnuts.

     Can you pass this eye test?  Here's the picture.


Now it's time for me to get dressed so that we can all get started on our busy shopping spree.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day,

Hugs, Edna B.



p.s.  Here's the answer to the Eye Exam.

There's a mouse on one of the doughnuts.....now don't tell me you saw it.  I won't believe you!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL Edna,

Yes your right. I did not see the mouse. I did think the donut looked a bit different but I wasn't actually seeking out the difference. My eyes were on the hands. It looks as if one fingernail is long and feminine and the other thumb nail was smaller and short. A little masculine, so I failed.

I called today to make an appointment with Cisco's vet. We are to walk over in the morning and he is going to be given a de-wormer if the doc thinks it necessary. I spoke to friend of mine who is a vet doc and she said that when dogs are getting the required amount of food and still act as if they are starving it could be because they need to be de-wormed. Well that is Cisco. I fed him his breakfast but he was under my feet picking up every crumb, and going back to his bowl several times.
I made breakfast and gave him a little more kibble, fried him an egg and as small half strip of bacon and mixed into his dish as well as a whole piece of toast torn into chunks.
He wouldn't let me eat my breakfast in peace. He gobbled his down and sat at my feet, taking his paw and hitting my leg. I hated to scold him but really, he had a double breakfast. I finally picked up his food dish because he was just sitting there hitting it and I said enough is enough. That is when I called the vet office.
I really am not sure why he seems to be so hungry all of the time. I know that dogs do that. He has done it lots of times, but never to the degree that he just cannot get enough of food. It worries me so time for a vet visit.

I had a long day at the doctor yesterday. I slept well last night but feel extremely tired this morning... it is not even lunch time right now. I put on a movie to watch and lost interest rather quickly. I think that I just need to go to sleep and rest for a couple more hours.

Have fun shopping and hugs and kisses to you and Pogo... Love, Cisco and Beth

smiekeltje said...

Wow, that glass of beer did you good You could sleep and snooze you really had a good rest, that you probably needed
I am not for people, who are protesting with violence and more.
protest is okay, but harm people, distroy what ever comes in your way, NO!
I too wonder sometimes about some polls. Some really are(or should be) anonymous and still they can tell how many of this and how many of that. It really makes you think.
Oh, I did see(when I didn't expand the picture yet) sopmething on that donut, but I though it was just something in the photo I really didn;t notice the mouse.
Today will be a quiet day, I think.
You have a lovely day and much fun with helping Santa!!!
Hug
Kyra