Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Big Beautiful Moon Tonight And Tomorrow Night

November 13, 2016

Good morning.  It's another lovely Autumn day with temps rising to the mid 50's today.  The sun is shining and the air is crisp.  I could handle this all Winter.  (no, I'm not smoking the funny stuff!)  I'm a dreamer, I know.  But it would be nice, wouldn't it?

Yesterday, Pogo and I went with SIL Eddie to Home Depot to check out my options for closing the porch for the winter.  I guess I drove him crazy, but as long as I'm paying the bill I believe I should have as close to what I want as possible.  So we kept going up one aisle and down another until I was convinced that what we had picked out would work and still look okay.

While we were there, I bought myself a couple of tools that I always seem to need around here and don't have.  I bought a circular saw, a new blade for it, a heavy duty stapler and a couple boxes of staples to use with it.  I also picked up a Christmas present for someone, and it is now tucked away in the gift drawer. 

This morning, Eddie and his friend Cliff will meet up at Home Depot to pick up the materials that we picked out yesterday.  I paid for everything, and the store would hold the materials for us to pick up this morning.  Hopefully, they can get the back and side of the porch done today.  Next weekend, we can (hopefully) get the front of the porch done. 

Last evening, I got a really nice treat.  The orange jasmine plant that I bought a few weeks ago has its first blossom.  Boy, when this plant get thicker and bigger, it will be gorgeous! 



Later, as I was dozing off, dwarf Helen called me to show me a photo she had just taken of the moon that was quite visible from our yard.  So I went outside to see if I could get a few shots.  I used my cell phone, but tonight I'll take my Canon camera outside to see if I can get a really nice shot.  However, I find this photo that I got with my cell phone quite pleasing.  Not of the moon itself, but the overall photo.


The full moon of November 14, 2016 is not only the biggest, closet and brightest supermoon of this year, it's the closest supermoon since January 26, 1948.  For us in the Americas, the moon will be closest to the earth tonight.  (Nov. 13)   The moon won't come this close to Earth again until November 25, 2034.  So make sure you get out and have a look at this beautiful moon.

Now it's time for me to get dressed so that I'm ready for when the guys get here to start work on the winter panels for my porch.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,

Oh my gosh what a gorgeous photo of the moon. I know I am excited about seeing the moon tonight and tomorrow night. It is gorgeous how you captured those beautiful clouds and the way that they were formed was just gorgeous.

Good to know that you have found what you wanted for your porch. That is great news. I am also glad that you picked up the tools that you needed for your own personal use. I have a few of my own tools and I am like a hawk keeping my eyes on them when someone wants to "Borrow" anything... (Can you please leave your photo ID, your birth certificate and your Social Security Card please).
Well I am not that bad, obviously I exaggerated but I do insist that they hand me back my tool personally and not just say, "Oh I already put it away."

I am going over to work on my blog. I haven't done it in a couple of days. I haven't felt really like doing anything, but I did do a page for a CT friend of mine. She is so non demanding and I love to work with her kits. She doesn't care if you do one or ten, or if you do pubs or not. She is just so laid back. Now that is the kind of CT that I enjoy.

Cisco sends you and Pogo lots of Woofs and licks today. I send lots of love and hugs! Take care, love Beth

smiekeltje said...

I heard about the moon being real close to the eearth, but didn;t take a look outside. I don;t think there was anything to be seen, because it was real cloudy.
The jasmin will be beautiful when it grows a bit.
So glad you found something to your liking for the porch and your so lucky to have Eddy and his friend to take care of it
It is nice to have some tools of your own in the house we have some too, just for little jobs you know.
It still is real chilly here, but still no need to complain too much. Still no frost and snow, that's already a big thing.
Will do some boring stuff today like dusting and vacuum cleaning, LOL. Has to be done sometimes too.
You have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra