Monday, January 18, 2016

Today Is World Day Of The Snowman

January 18, 2016

Good morning.  The sun is shining brightly, but it is cold and there is snow everywhere.  All through the night, until around 8 a.m. this morning, the snow fell and the wind blew.  We ended up with several inches of it in our yard. 



It is constantly snowing beneath the tall pines because as the wind blows through the branches, it knocks the snow from the trees.  I may have to go out soon and shovel a place for my little birds to eat.  I'll probably throw a bunch of bread and seed under my car too. 

Today is World Day of the Snowman.  So if your area has wet snow on the ground, get out and build a snowman.  Or snowlady.  Some folks even build snow animals and snow villages.  It's good fun, and it's easy exercise.  So, what will your snow person wear? 

Oh boy, I don't have to go out and shovel.  Grandson Stephen is out there now moving some of the snow around.  I just went out to make sure he knows to make a place for my birds to eat.  The Weather Channel is saying that we may be getting more snow over next weekend.   Gosh, not too much, I hope.

The tornadoes that hit Florida yesterday morning caused quite a lot of damage, and left a t least two people dead.  I did not realize that Florida actually had that many tornadoes so I Googled it, and found that they are number one on the list of states with the most tornadoes.  (per square miles)

I know we are lucky to just have snow here, and I try to remind myself not to complain about the cold and the snow.  Now I think I'll go feed my little Pogo some lunch.  He's not so happy with me because it is too cold to keep the door open so that he can see what's happening outside.  Maybe I can pacify him with something tasty. 

So, till tomorrow, Y'all be warm and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

I did not know that about Florida, but it makes sense given the long and skinny conformation of the land with water on both sides.