Friday, January 15, 2016

Only 64 More Days Till Spring!

January 15, 2016

Good morning.   It's cloudy and 24F degrees here in New England.  Earlier the forecast said that we would be getting up to about 41 degrees later today, but that has now been lowered to 39 degrees.  I can't complain though.  After all it is still Winter.  BUT!  Spring is only 64 days away!

The weather is really getting more crazy lately.  Today there is a rare hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean. and I think Mother Nature is trying to drown the whole of Florida.  I hope all the rain and the tornadoes are done before it is time for us to go there.  This may be my last year going there so I would like for the weather to be super. 

I'm tired this morning, but it's my own fault.  I decided to back up all the files on my laptop late yesterday afternoon.  This usually takes a very long time.  So even though I was tired, I could not sleep because my mind was on the backing up.  Every now and then I would have to go take a look to see what the progress was looking like.  I know, dumb, huh? 

I finally dozed off in the wee hours for a couple of hours but that was not enough.  This morning I'm planning on having a nap so that I'll be perky enough to go food shopping later this afternoon.    I would put the shopping off till tomorrow but it is supposed to be raining tomorrow. 

Yesterday I watched the HSN shopping channel on TV most of the day.  They were having their clearance sales and wowee!  There were some super sales!  Nope, I did not buy anything, but I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful things on sale. 

Today I have a couple things to share that I borrowed from the web.  This first image is me to a T.  I'm not sure why we do this, but I guess I'm not the only one who does.


This second image is just a bit of "Minion Wisdom" for all the coffee lovers out there in Blog Land.  The sad part of it is that it sort makes sense.  (I did not say that.  Pogo did.)


Speaking of Pogo (see note in parenthesis), I just love watching him during the night as he sleeps.  He starts out on the big sofa until he has to make a potty trip.  Next he curls up on his own sofa and sleeps for a while.  He'll get up once more for a drink or a potty trip, check to make sure the house is quiet, and then hop up on his chair and curl up in his fuzzy blanket and drift off to dreamland again.
When he sleeps, it is usually a nice deep sleep.  Yup, this really makes my heart happy.

Well that's about all my newsie stuff for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all stay warm and dry, and have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I hope that you get that nap in today. I sure feel like I could use a few more minutes or hours of sleep but I am up for now. I started coloring a Goddess page and before I realized it, the time was 3 am. Speaking of sleep, Pogo's sleep is delightful. Last night as I was coloring Cisco climbed on top of his pillow and tucked his little face into my neck. I didn't have the heart to move him so I endured the position until he decided to move. Such moments like this with Cisco is treasured because he doesn't often want to cuddle like that.

Loved your images from the Web, I had to laugh at the Minion. Cathy received that movie for Christmas and I have watched it about 4 or 5 times now. It is her favorite and it is so cute. If you haven't seen it you should. It will bring a smile to your face for sure.

I really hope that everything works together for your plans for Florida. I know that you will have a great time. We won't let Mother Nature rage while you are there. We will appease her with praise! But you know how fickle she can be!

I am feeling a bit better this morning. Still achy and sneezing and runny nose but at least I am up and no fever. I woke up with the heat up and I was miserable so I turned it off and closed the vent in my room. It is 64 here this morning and should get up to 69 today. It was gorgeous yesterday and today is supposed to be the same but rain is headed in for tomorrow. We are sure having a mild winter compared to last year.

My Christmas Cactus looks pretty bad. I have my fingers crossed but I am not sure the poor thing is going to make it. Breaks my heart. I have some rooting too but they do not look too promising either. I will be waiting anxiously for Spring to arrive in 64 more days!

Well my friend Carol is coming over and we are going to go check out the new Super H.E.B. Food store. It is my favorite place to shop and they say this one has something with colored lights. A light wall or lighted water fall or something. Cant wait to check it out. I am so blessed to have a friend to Pal around with.

Give Pogo love from Cisco and I..... Hugs, Love Cisco and Beth

Annesphamily said...

Oh Edna, you share precious things! That naughty Pogo telling you to post the Minion and their coffee! Hee Hee....I love watching the pets sleep too. That Pogo has got to e the most adorable lil guy. I love his sofa and I can picture him scurrying about. I do the same thing, dead tired and like that energizer bunny, going, going, gone! My friend Lorna was in Florida and she nearly froze with all the rain. She came home with a bit of a bug! Argh....my friend Judy was home in Colorado for the holidays and she said they were cold here because it was twice as warm in her town in Alaska! Bwhaaa..... My dear friend Annie and her family are on a Disney Cruise which sailed today but she did not mention the rain! Her mom was in Florida last week and it was still very rainy.I hope the weather clears up nicely for you! Stay warm and enjoy a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Anne

Debby said...

I know you look forward to your vacation. The weather will be improving soon I hope.
My little guy loves to cuddle. He likes to get between my eyes and my iPad. Usually I don't mind one bit.
Stay warm my friend.

smiekeltje said...

Ghee, why don't you sleep a bit more???? Yeah, I know, you just explained, but it isn;t the best thing to do. Hope truly you will get a good nap this morning, because you will have to get in 100% shape again!
Still some weeks to go before leaving for Florida, so the weather should be marvellous when you arrive there.
Jan was lucky yesterday when going to his job, no rain. It will be freezing a bit during the night for the next few days, here on the coast at daytime it will be 2 or 3 C, but they say that at the end of the week temps will go up again. Can't wait LOL!
I think I will sniff up a bit of fresh air today, as I stayed in yesterday all day.
You have a wonderful day, good shopping and lots of sleep!!
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

And here I was afraid I was the only one that turned down the radio to see better....or if I'm really concentrating I turn it off completely.

Nani said...

Not only did I always turn down the radio so I could see addresses better when I drove, but it irritates me to no end that David doesn't do this! How can I help him find an address if he doesn't turn down the radio? ;)

Hugs, Nani