Thursday, September 10, 2015

Beef Stew, Anyone?

September 10, 2015

Good morning.  It's 9:30 a.m. and it is still a bit cloudy with temps around 73F degrees.  Oh my, this feels so gooooooood!!   Pogo has been sitting by the screen door for the past hour just relishing the beautiful cool breeze. 

Oh dear.  Are you watching on the news about the salmonella outbreak because of cucumbers from Mexico?  There have been deaths already reported in several states.  I was going to pick up a couple cukes this week, but I have just now crossed them off my shopping list.  I'm not even going to ask the clerk at the store where their cucumbers come from.  I just won't buy them until this issue has been resolved. 

Also in the news is a new way of paying your MasterCard bill with a "selfie" on your phone.  It's being tested until October to see if it will be a viable way of making bill paying much easier.  Hmmm, I doubt very much if I'll be one of the folks eager to use this means of making payments.  I like the old fashioned way of writing out a check and putting it in the mail. 

Well, my long awaited package finally arrived yesterday afternoon.  Woo Hoo!  I am so looking forward to trying a few new recipes in my new pressure cooker.  Isn't this just the prettiest cooking pot ever?   Sort of makes you want to cook up something tasty!


Yeahhhhh!  It also comes with instructions on how to use the pot, along with cooking guides.  Oh be still my heart!  Also in the box is this cute little recipe book with some yummy looking ideas.


I also purchased the big cookbook by the same author as the little book included with the pot.  Last night I spent a while going through it and picking out the recipes I want to try out first. 


In a little while, I'll have to re-write my shopping list to include all the ingredients I'll be needing for my cooking lesson.   Hang in there Pogo!!  I feel a delicious beef stew coming up soon!

DIL Janet was here last evening, and we ordered out pizza for our supper.  Mmmm, delicious!  And I didn't have to cook it!   We discussed our plans for making a quilt after the holidays have gone by.  JoAnn's Fabric Store offers lots of classes, and one of them is Quilting 101.  (or something to that effect)  We've decided to sign up for this class when we're ready to start.

I've watched a couple different weather reports on TV this morning, and so far they are both in agreement that we can expect some rain today and tonight.  Maybe even more rain tomorrow morning.   This would be nice if it really happens.   We did have a few light sprinkles very early this morning, but nothing since. 

Well, that's about all my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I had just gotten an electric pressure cooker before we started our RV life and had to part with it due to space limitations. I'm sure you'll have fun with it and the food is supposed to be better for you with all the nutrients contained inside.

If you have any quilting questions after you get started, please keep me in mind. I love quilting and helping others get addicted...I mean started...on this hobby.

Miriam said...

I want that pressure coocker too......as an add to my crock pot.......
I love these kind of things......lol

Edna B said...

Thanks for offering to help. I'm I'll have to be calling on you often till I get the hang of it. We're going food shopping tomorrow. I'll let you know how the stew comes out. You have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Edna B.

Nani said...

Of course the pressure cooker is pretty with all that green! ;)

David chuckled at my being "so tuned in" with the internet because I just order things. Our toaster died Tuesday and after confirming it was dead clicked up Amazon did a search for the same brand of toaster and told him our new toaster would be here before Friday. (It actually came today) But things as mundane as replacing a toaster is what Amazon is for! I researched tablets for a half a year before making that purchase, but a $20 toaster? That I just buy and be done with it. And I do pay my credit cards online, but with a selfie? I'm not even nuts about the "app store" needing my credit card. I can't see myself snapping a smiling selfie to pay my card...unless the selfie is ALL they want for a payment. THAT I'd do!

When Grandma taught me how to crochet it was supposed to lead to teaching me how to quilt.She obviously thought it was a gateway craft that would lead to bigger crafts. You're proving her right... hehehe

All this talk about food is making me hungry. We had our salads, but dinner is a ways from being served; football is on TV. :) I'm going to see if I can help move dinner along!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

That pressure coker looks awesome. Now I think you soon will make some delicious meals for yourself.
Beef stew sounds good! I think Pogo likes it too LOL.
They are always trying to find"easier"ways of payment for cards.
Here too is a test going on for the paycard, that with small amounts you don;t even have to put your card into a reader. Just wave it in front of an "eye"and all will be settled.
I don;t think I like the idea.
I am too such an old fashioned person who likes to pay things with a check, and in shops cash, and okay, sometimes with my card, but just imagine what happens when suddenly all country would have powerloss(it is hard to think of but it COULD happen).
Nothing works anymore and then it would be nice to have some cash around, isn't it?
Well, at that time, with powerloss all over, we would have other problems to deal with, but you need to eat and such, so...........
I think you had a great time going through those cookbooks. Just start with something not so complicated, but tasty! Let us know the result!
Oh, and you are brave to go for quilting classes, but if you go with Janet, I think it would be fun and great to join a club of like-minded people!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs
Kyra
Have a wonderful weekend

Unknown said...

Daffy Me Edna, I knew that it was a pressure cooker but it didn't dawn on me as an actual pressure cooker until I saw the photo... For some reason my brain was thinking that it was like a digital crock pot! What a daft I am at times. Gorgeous cooking pot and I really think that the green is pretty awesome!

Not sure about paying my bills with a selfie and I agree with Kyra that the country could lose power and then you would be left without a means to pay for items needed. I saw that happen during the flood. No way to get to banks or ATM's for cash. On the other hand I fear that our currency will be lost as an option to pay for anything with cash and instead rely totally on credit cards. Paper checks are being phased out now. My son gets his check on a pay card each week, while others like myself get my SSI directly deposited in the bank. It is sad because like you, I like sitting down and paying for things the old fashioned way.

I love the cookbook that you ordered. I love a beef stew. I am really ready for some autumn cooking. Have a great day and give Pogo hugs for me. Beth and Cisco