Friday, October 3, 2014

Brrr! These Mornings Are Really Nippy!

October 3, 2014

Good morning.  It's late, but I really have been up and busy for a while.  I'm not so crazy about these cool mornings.  It makes it harder to crawl out from under the toasty warm covers.  However, my fearless little friend, Pogo, gets the hungries no matter what the temperature is, and makes sure that I get up. 

This morning, I finally put in a call to the heating oil company, and made an appointment for our burner to be cleaned out tomorrow afternoon.  I'll have Joe check our fuel supply this afternoon, and then make an appointment for a fuel oil delivery.  I was hoping we wouldn't need the heat on for a few more weeks, but the cold weather is coming whether I like it or not.

Today, I should try to vacuum out the little fireplace so that it will be ready to use.  I'll have to ask SIL Eddie to come by one day and vacuum out the bigger fireplace, (these are electric) because it's too heavy for me to move by myself.

I have a couple of cute photos to share with you this morning.  These are pix of one our tiny chipmunks enjoying some of the peanuts that I sprinkle about for the birds and small critters.  This little fellow is just the cutest!  First he stuffs one peanut way up into one of his cheeks, then he stuffs another peanut into the other cheek.  If he can, he tries to hold a third peanut in his mouth while he runs back to his hideout.  Most often though, he can only carry away two peanuts at a time.



Yesterday afternoon, Wayne stopped by after work to hook up my new wireless modem for our cable.  Gosh, he makes it look so easy!  I had already read through the installation booklet and was left so confused about how to hook it up.  Thank goodness for Wayne! 

Today is food shopping day, so I need to start putting my shopping list together.   We'll shop at Walmart today so that Joe can pick up some winter pants.  Perhaps I'll pick up a couple more pair of sweatpants.  It's feeling like this will be a "sweatpant" winter.

I see that Pogo's breakfast is still sitting in his plate.  It's doggie food, of course.  What did I expect?  So now I'll have to see if I can rustle up something tasty for lunch.  Thank goodness for TV programs like "Idiotest".  They keep the creative part of my brain in working order, and feeding my little guy takes all the creativeness I can muster.

Well, that's the news for this morning.  Till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Oh that photo of the chipmunk is priceless. I've seen people that look like this at an all you can eat buffet...not as cute on them.

smiekeltje said...

Booklets with information for installments are often very confusing. Good that Wayne could do the trick!
Yes, we already have to put on the central heating on in the evening for a moment, just to get rid of the really fresh temperatures in the house.
But I am afraid soon we will need to have it on during daytime too.
That chipmunk is adorable.
And sweatpantsa aren't always looking fashion rendy,but are oh so comfortable and warm in the evening.
I love them.
Have a great weekend
Hug
Kyra

Annesphamily said...

That chipmunk is hilarious! I L O V E your photos.