Friday, June 27, 2014

An Absolutely Perfect Day

June 27, 2014

Good morning.  It's a beautiful morning here in New England.   The sun is shining, there's a cool breeze and the temperature will only get up to the high 70's F today.  Simply perfect! 

Yesterday we did get a few wet sprinkles.  Some areas around here got a few minutes of downpour, but we got sprinkles.  Actually, I never even saw them happen.  I saw the rain drops on my car when I went out to go food shopping.  However, the night temps did go down, and it was a great sleeping night.

I must confess, I never even picked up my crocheting last night.  Pogo and I watched a little TV, and succumbed to the cool temps and fell fast asleep. 

At the supermarket yesterday, I bought a package of sandwich steaks, the kind that are sort of shredded.  I figure I'll cook up some of this later today and see if I can temp my little guy into eating it.  I think I'll cook some with onions and green peppers for me.  Mmmm, maybe we'll have this for lunch.  The thought of it is making me hungry.

There's an ad on TV saying that the annual Fair opens today.  Maybe Pogo and I will go there one night when the fireworks are being displayed.  Hopefully I can get some photos.  We'll see.  I'll have to look up the daily program for the Fair to see when they will be having fireworks.

I've dug into my photo archives to find some fun photos to share today.  This first one was taken at the park.  When the cormorant poked it's head up out of the water, this large goose was quite startled.


Next, I found a fun little dragonfly.  He had found something tasty for his lunch, and was trying to tell me to bug off so he could eat in peace.


Here I have a butterfly with some very interesting colors.  I never realized that the color on the outside of the wings is quite different than the color on the inside of the wings.  The butterfly's wings were orange and black (or dark brown) on the outside, and Pink with gray and white and black on the inside. 


Pogo and I have no special plans for today.  We are just enjoying the fabulous temps.  The birds are chirping outside my living room window, and all in all it's a super day.

Now it's time to rustle up some breakfast.  Pogo has been lying here next to me, patiently waiting for his food.  Hmmm, I wonder if he'll eat any of it.  It's dog food!!!   Sometimes I wonder what goes through his mind when I feed him dog food.  Maybe I don't really want to know.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: