Friday, December 9, 2011

More Goodies In The Mail For Me

December 9, 2011

It's quite chilly this morning, but the sun is shining so it's another good day.   I'm at work so this will have to be a short post.  Yesterday, I managed to get a couple of errands done, including a visit to the nail salon.   If nothing else, my fingers look pretty.

The mail lady brought me another Christmas box.  Inside was a canister of cookies and a present.  As soon as I get my tree up (hopefully this weekend), the present will go under it.  But the cookies, well, I had to at least taste one.  And then one more.  And another.  I closed the container before they were all gone.  They are so delicious.  Thank you Nani.  This was such a delightful surprise.

Last night, the moon was simply gorgeous so I hopped in my car and drove a little ways up the street to the school yard.  At least here, I could take some photos without all the trees in the way.  It gets a bit difficult sometimes trying to take photos of the moon in my yard.  Here's my best shot.  (Hand held)


Yesterday, I also took some photos to show the progress of my yellow rose tree.  The bud that I showed you the other day is beginning to unfold.


Plus there is another yellow bud coming along.


And another.  Wouldn't it be nice if the weather held out long enough for all three of these to open naturally?


That will have to be it for today because the Mrs is beginning to wake.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I too have still a few flowers blooming in the garden, that normally would be gone by now. It's probably an illusion to hope that it stays about this weather till April.
I have the odd feeling we are going to be punished a bit later, with cold and snow and such. LOL
You asked me if I play the piano. I do, or better said, I did, but the last few years I almost don;t touch my piano anymore. Somehow the will or urge to play has gone. I think that is because I lost my teacher a few years ago, the one I knew all my life, since I started playing the piano when I was eight years old. It is a pity I almost don;t play anymore, I feel I am loosing the easiness and such, but I just don;t have the fun and energy for it. I should pick it up real soon. before I loose it all, Jan is a bit angry with me I don;t play anymore, and he is right, but for now I don;t have the spirit for it.
Well, it may come back one day, who knows.
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

Edna, I'm so glad you liked the cookies. I'd never mailed Davinities before, so it was also a little bit of a test run. Since you didn’t mention "individually wrapped packets of crumbs," must’ve worked!

The December roses are beautiful! What a blessing to have blooms this late!

Hugs, Nani