Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's Beginning To Look Like Christmas!

December 14, 2011

Good afternoon.  (Tootsie and I had a "sleep in" this morning.)   I don't see the sun yet, but it is still nice out.  Last night, I finally got our Christmas tree up.  So now, it's officially Christmas in my little spot in the world. 


After I took this photo, I went out into the main part of the house and took a photo of the tree that the dwarfs put up in the den.   Everyone here is getting the Holiday spirit.


The mail lady just delivered some more prints that I had ordered.  Once I get these framed and hung on the wall, I will take photos of how they look.   I had the photo of the turkey vulture enlarged and wow, it looks great!  For the new year, I will have to make a concerted effort to find new places to take photos of nature. 

Today, I still have a couple of things left to wrap, and then there's that vacuum cleaner giving me the eye.  There's a little robotic dust mop that goes around and picks up dirt and dust off the floor.  I wonder if there will be a robotic vacuum cleaner coming out soon.  I will have to look into that.   The small amount of effort it takes to push the vacuum back and forth around the rooms takes my breath away, so I tend to give that chore to the cleaning girl.  My only problem is that she doesn't come around often because her after school activities take up a lot of her time.  Not to worry though, the dust isn't going anywhere.

I'm off now to make some lunch for myself and Tootsie.  She has been waiting patiently while I crop photos and post on my blog.   Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

It's been a drowsy day here too. Gray and rainy does that. I have some more cleaning up I'm working on in the non-kitchen parts of the house before our gathering this weekend, then it's a couple days of bake-bake-bake!

Your trees are so pretty and festive! We're putting the tree up Friday here.

Off to get things finished up before David gets home.

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

It's looking so cosy with your tree and also the tree of the dwarfs.
Even if it takes a bit of effort every year, to put up the tree andn some decorations. when it's done it gives a good feeling, isn't it? Then you really get the Christmas feeling!
I love being up in the early morning when it is still quit dark and light the tree. It gives a special atmosphere.LOL
Aren;t your fingers itching to open those presents ROFL?
I bought you small things, but I hope they bring a smile to your face.
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

let me know how the robot vacuum turns out. I could use this in my studio to keep up with the cat hair, glitter, threads and fiber.