Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crazy Wet Weather

September 27, 2011

It's looking quite gray outside and the weatherman says we will likely have rain every day through Friday.  Gosh, he is just too full of good news!  I hope the sun comes back out for the weekend because I'm looking forward to that Photo Walk.

Nature is really strange sometimes.  If you look at the weather map for our country, you will see that is raining almost everywhere except Texas.  Unfortunately, Texas really needs that rain, and a lot of the rest of us are floating from too much water!  Go figure!

I was really hoping to sleep in this morning, but my phone hasn't stopped ringing since 7:30 am.  I haven't answered the calls because I had already asked the person nicely not to call before 9:30 so that I could sleep a bit late.  My caller ID shows up on  the TV screen, so you don't have to answer the phone in order to find out who is calling.  Some folks just don't listen!

Yesterday, Tootsie and I spent a little time out in the yard, soaking up some of that wonderful sunshine.  There were new roses blooming, so I took a few photos to share.  This is such a beautiful rose bush.  The blooms have all shades of peach with bits of fuschia pink.

 I played with a couple of the photos in Photoshop and tried a few new techniques.  After separating the rose from the background, I applied a bit of bevel and shadow before merging it back into the background.  Interesting.



Hmmm.  I think it makes the rose pop just a little bit more.  What do you think?   Actually, I think that today I need to stop playing with my flowers and my laptop and get busy with the vacuum.   Not really my cup of tea, but it needs to be done.  Sighhhhhhh!

Later, before I settle down to watch some TV with Tootsie, I want to try finishing up my parts of the October collab kit.  Once it's all put into folders and uploaded, I will have more free time to spend on my photo class lessons. 

Now it's time for Moi to get dressed and ready to start my day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

We've been having rain every day also. I want to mow the yard before I leave...hope it dries up for a day or two soon.

smiekeltje said...

Sorry for the rain! We are having great weather this week.
Phones are usefull, but sometimes people just don;t know when (at what time) to use them LOL!
Have fun with the vacuum grin, grin, but take also some "free time" okay?
Hugs
Kyra