Friday, August 4, 2017

Yeah, My Little Pogo Is Okay!

August 4, 2017

Good morning.  It's looking gorgeous outside my door this morning.  I'm hoping though, that it doesn't get quite as hot as yesterday was.  Temps got up into the nineties yesterday afternoon.  That's just a tad bit too warm for me. 

How about an update on Pogo?  Well, yesterday the ER doctor called to see how he was doing, and then she called back later in the day with the results of his tests from the day before.  Everything was looking good.  Yeaaaaaaaaaah!!!  As long as he was peeing good and eating his food okay and no more blood, it looks as if my little guy will be just fine.  Of course, he still has to take all of his new medicine.  It's only for three more days so he can put up with that.

Yesterday morning was exciting (although very expensive).  The work crew showed up at 7:45 a.m. to start working on the front of my driveway, and a few minutes later, the police detail showed up.  Pogo was in heaven watching all the men and the activity.  I actually enjoyed it too.  Here are a few photos that I took of the men working.

p.s.  The girl in the photo was with the work crew.  She wore the big flat shoes and got to walk all around the edges and on any marks made by the machines.





You know, I love looking down my driveway at the archway that the shrubs and trees make.  It is such a comforting sight.  The last photo of the driveway is my favorite.  I'm hoping that by next year, I'll be able to re-pave the whole parking area.  That will probably cost around twelve thousand dollars though, so we'll see.  I'll have to start saving up more than just my pennies!  (quarters, too!)

The next big project has to be fixing the upstairs bathroom shower and the kitchen ceiling (below).  Somehow, and no one knows how of course, the whole shower assembly came right out of the wall and fell into the tub.  And no one told me.  They never do.  Folks, a good portion of renters just don't take pride in how they care for someone else's property. 

Bottom line, they have not been able to take showers since Wednesday afternoon.  Poor things, they will either have to settle for washing up in the bathroom sink, or they can go somewhere else to take a shower.  SIL Eddie will be coming by this weekend to fix this mess.  I'm so thankful for him.

Today, I'm expecting a big batch of mail and hopefully a few packages.  I had stopped the mail delivery for yesterday and we had put a sign at the end of the driveway requesting no package deliveries either, just for the day.

I'm a happy camper this morning.  I've had a TV shopping channel turned on just for company, and I just bought another Christmas gift.  Yeah!  It was an item I've been hoping would show up on sale, and today it did.  Now I can cross one more item off my shopping list.

I'm hoping to get started on my new calendar this weekend.  I'd like to get it finished early so that I can start packing up some of my holiday packages early.  Some of the packages get a calendar tucked inside. 

Pogo has been extra cuddly this morning.  I think he's hoping that his antics will help me to forget his morning dose of medicine.  Not going to happen Pogo!!  I'm taking my nebulizer meds now, and as soon as I'm finished, it's your turn for meds.  You know the old saying, "misery loves company"!

I have a sink full of dishes waiting to be washed, and I'm almost done with my meds.  On this happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have an awesome weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

Good to hear Pogo is feeling well. I've got to take George back in next week to recheck his blood work - his liver enzymes were up and we're not sure why. Hopefully it's something minor.
The driveway looks nice...there's nothing like watching men working to make my day.