Monday, August 14, 2017

Yeaaah! The Afghan Is Done!

August 14, 2017

Good morning.  Tis quite lovely this morning.  Temps only in the seventies, and the sun keeps peeking out from behind a cloud.  I know it will be much warmer in a few hours, but for now it's really nice.

Well, yesterday I decided "enough is enough!"  The blue afghan needs to be done with.  So I spent a little time here and there working on it and last night I finished it.  Yeaaaah!  Today I will dig out a plastic zipper bag to put it in and set it in the gift tote. 

Next I want to finish the doll dresses.  First I'll have to pick up some hook and eye sets and matching threads for closing the backs of the dresses.  After that, there's a little bit of trim work to be done.  For that, Pogo and I will have to make a trip to JoAnn's Fabric shop to find the right trims.  (Isn't that wonderful?  Another reason to go shopping!) 

I don't have any new photos to share, so I've dug into my archives for some photos that I took five years ago through the kitchen window at work.  Some days I really miss all the fun I had with my camera at that window. 





I know we have humming birds here too, but I don't get to see them very often.  That's why I'd like to plant a couple more plants that will lure more of these beautiful birds here.  I had ordered a trumpet vine plant, but it arrived during the time when I was really sick, and died before I could get it planted.  I'll try ordering a new plant for next Spring. 

Today I have to phone the pharmacy for re-fills on my nebulizer meds, so I may as well put together my grocery shopping list and get everything in one trip.  Pogo won't be happy about this , but I can't take him to the market.  I don't know why because he is well behaved and doesn't drool over all the food products like some other folks' kids do.  Ah well.

Well that's about if for my news today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Edna,
Yep I agree, Pogo is a sweet little boy and minds his manners, unlike a lot of kids that put their dirty hands all over the food in produce. I saw one lady once who had a kid that took a bite out of several apples and put them back. I drew the mom's attention to it and she shrugged. I said "You are going to buy those items now right"? She just walked away. My kids would never have behaved that way. I taught them at an early age that they could look but not touch and that was for everything, so my sister said once that he enjoyed my kids coming to their house because they never meddled into anything. No accounting for some people or their kids.

So happy the afghan is finished. I have to go. I am on hold with my social worker... xx