Thursday, August 3, 2017

Waiting For Pogo's Test Results

August 3, 2017

Good morning.  It's rather early, but pretty soon a crew should be showing up here to repave the front of my driveway.  Sad to say, it rained last night, so I'm hoping that doesn't mess things up for this morning. 

Well I took Pogo to the emergency room (at his hospital) yesterday morning.  He was checked over and had some tests done on him.  I'll have to wait for a phone call sometime today to let me know how the tests came out.  Meanwhile, Pogo is taking medicine twice a day for five days.  Once his test results are in, we'll know if he needs any more tests or a change in medicine, etc. 

Pogo is also being put on a bland diet.  Cooked white rice, boiled chicken, etc.  Hmmm, we'll have to see how that goes.  So far, he's refused most of everything I offered him to eat.  I have a couple of adorable photos of my little guy from yesterday.  Lately, I've been using my walker often, and Pogo fits right in the little basket that I bought for him.




I have my car radio set to a country music station, and the other day I heard a Willie Nelson song for the first time.  The words to the song struck me funny because this is how I have felt some mornings.  The title of the song is "I Woke Up This Morning Still Not Dead."   This is a photo of my radio when the song was playing.


I guess the song just makes one realize that waking up in the morning is a gift not to be taken for granted.  If we have food and clothing, a roof over our head and we're here to see a new day, then we are really blessed.

I'm keeping a watchful eye on the front yard, waiting for the work crew to start showing up.  Meanwhile, I think I'd best get dressed before they do get here.  I did get one request for a gem quick page for Sapphire which I'll work on soon.  Anyone else have a request?  Let me know.

Now I really must get dressed.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
The basket for your walker is just so perfect. I really need one of those. Will you tell me where you got it? What gorgeous photos of Pogo. So sorry he is sick and hope that he will be better soon. I will be waiting for news on our boy.

Well believe it or not, resetting my computer did not fix the problems I am having with my photo's. I don't know what is wrong. I was able to download your QP's with no problem but everything else I try to save it will not let me. So aggravating and it looks like I am going to have to take it in to Best Buy and get them to look at it. I have to go there anyway and get a new battery for my computer. No more trying to order one online because twice now I have been sent the wrong one.

I am really happy that the rain did not interfere with the work done to your drive way. I hope that every one will respect you and all the work that you do to keep your tenants happy and to live in a nice home.

My daughter is coming for lunch so I am going to close. Give Pogo extra hugs and kisses today, love, Beth and Cisco.xoxoxo

smiekeltje said...

Sorry to hear aout Pogo. Hope they will find soon what is wrong with him.
know how you feel worried about him, we all seem to suffer sometimes more when our pets are ill then the pets themselves, isnt it?
Hopefully Pogo will get really hungry and will eat some f the boiled chicken.
Now I am going to shut down the computer, have to give my back a bit pf rest.
Take care, give Pogo a cuddle, sending a big hug to you.
Kyra