Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Something New To Get Used To

August 8, 2017

Good morning.  Tis looking a bit damp and gray outside this morning.  But that's okay because the lawns and plants are needing the rain.  Speaking of plants, remember the dahlia bulbs that Janice planted for me back a while?  Well, they have been growing.  Not as well as I'd have liked, but growing still.  One of them has a tiny bud on it, so I'm hoping that we'll have a flower soon.


Well, the fellow from the oxygen company showed up yesterday afternoon with my new portable oxygen.  It's the type that is allowed for air travel.  The one I really want is the Inogen One, but this company has their own brand that I have to use.  It's heavier than the Inogen, and when you put the battery on it (it won't work without the battery being attached) it gets even heavier.  (well, that's how it feels to me)  I weighed it on the scale and it comes up at five and a half pounds. 

Anyway, I told the guy I would give it a try to see how it works out.  I have to say though, it makes too much noise for me.  If I were on a plane and had to use this machine, it would probably be very annoying to the person (s) sitting next to me.  Ah well, we'll see.  Here's a photo of my new travel compressor.


This weekend starts the new summer shows at the Paris Cabaret, a local dinner and theater restaurant.  This summer's shows will feature Country music, and our Jazzy was asked to take part in this summer's shows.  They will run from this weekend into September.  The performers get paid to wait tables while they are performing and entertaining the customers.  Here's a photo of this year's cast.  Jazzy is the cowgirl on the left side.


I also have a photo of the playbill to show the types of songs these kids will be singing.  And yes, they will be doing some country dancing too! 


This is such a fun and wonderful opportunity for Jazzy.  I will be attending the night of August 26, and I can't wait!  I love country music (Jazzy does not - haha, but she's learning).

This reminds me of a job opportunity from long, long ago.  I was probably around nineteen or twenty, and my friend Judy had applied for a job playing piano and singing at a local bar.  She told the manager that she would only take the job if her friend (me) could sing with her.  The manager said "Okay, she's hired too."   Gosh, I was so excited, but also very bashful, and so I never did show up to sing with my friend.  Over the years, I had wished that I had tried it out.  It would have been such a fun experience.  Ahh, memories!

Yesterday, Pogo had doggie food for lunch.  I cooked him a bit of hamburger and rice for his supper, and he seemed to be very happy to have that.  This morning, I gave him the chicken and rice for breakfast and he ate every bit of it.  Right now, he's all curled up in his blanket, next to me, pretending to be snoozing.  I know he's got one eye open, keeping watch to see my every move. 

Well, that's my news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It took longer for me to get back at the computer. So lazy lately(this just about computering, not other things.
So I first read your ll your posts. ou had quite some events!
Pogo is okay, hoorray! That must have been a relief.
That new driveway looks great. ut to do all the parking lace, boy, that is a lot of money!
What a mess with that shower. ucky you have eddie who can fix about anything!

Can't belive Pogo is already 5 years with you. That shows how time flies.
Oh, btw, that colour rage of the new yarn is fantastic.
You gave me a smile talking about the cover of the fashion magazine! Some things of today's fashion are nice, but like you I don;t like trousers with holes in it. And I also don;t like too much the very skinny-legged trousers.
Ah well, everybody has a different taste, guess.
I bet you will have a fab evening weatchhing the show with jazzy in it!
Okay, I will make a very short post on my blog, so everybody knows I am okay and then it will already be time to do other things.
Take care and enjoy the good weather.
Hugs
Kyra

LV said...

I am with you, love country music. However, it is not as good as it used to be.