Friday, August 18, 2017

A New Med Regime - Sort Of

August 18, 2017

Good morning.  Well, today is a bit gray with a nice breeze and temps in the seventies.  Perhaps we'll have us some rain sometime today.  That would be nice, especially for the grass and the plants.  It's also a great day to go to the shooting range and practice for a while. 

And that's what Deanne and I are going to do in a couple hours.  Gosh, it's been so long since we've been there.  I bought us some new targets to make it more fun and easier to get back in the groove.  We also want to see about arranging for a class on how to clean the guns.  This past Christmas, Pogo bought Deanne and me each a carry bag for our guns and ammo.  It also includes a set of cleaning tools.  How neat is that?  Today I'll finally get to use my new bag.

Yesterday, I had my annual physical, and a nice chat with my doctor about my meds.  Goodness, between the breathing meds and the nebulizer meds, they are so confusing.  I took some notes, and today I'll make up a new med list to go by.  It seems if I take meds "A", I don't have to take meds "B".  If I take meds "C" then I don't have to take meds "D".  

Some of the meds are for when I am at home, and some are for when I am not a t home.  Don't you just love it???  I'll try this new regime for a while to see how I feel.  If it's not working after a while, then I'll call my doctor and see what needs changing. 

I got home just in time for Pogo to see Joe and have his turkey treat.  After that, Pogo and I went shopping at JoAnn's Fabric shop. Mostly, I was just looking for some different trims for my little doll dresses.  They were having a rather nice sale, so I picked up a few different things to try out.  On the way home, we stopped at Wendy's and got some take out for our supper.  A nice way to end a busy day.

Later today, I'll take some photos of the little doll dresses to share.  Meanwhile, I dug into my archives for a few photos of one of my favorite birds.  Pigeons might be considered pesky, but I find them quite beautiful and personable.





Did you notice that the white pigeon has feathers on it's legs and feet?  I'll have to do a bit of research to find out why this one is different than the other birds.  Still, I think it is quite beautiful.

Well, I've finished my nebulizer meds, and I think I'll have another cup of coffee before it's time to get ready to leave.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have an awesome weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I just love the photos of the pigeon's. I know how people feel about them but your right, they are beautiful birds. I have heard that sea gulls are more aggravating than Pigeons. Once again a short comment. I need to go and lay down. Hugs to you and Pogo! xoxo

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Edna, lovely post! Good luck with your meds, I am in the same boat. I made lists on the computer of the meds hubby and I take, and keep a copy of them in our wallets for when we have to go to a dr. Beats writing all those meds down each time.

Have a lovely weekend you and Pogo too!

Barb

smiekeltje said...

You had quite a busy week with all kind of things!
It is very confusing taking diffenerent meds you seem to need, but in a way they don;t fit together.
breathing meds seem to be rather expensive. I have one that can take just in the morning and works 24 hrs, but is rather epensive. I asked my doctor if there was something else. There is, but then I would have to take it twice, or perhaps 3 times a day, and it will come at the end at abut same costs and so for the moment I take the ones for once a day. May be I should talk again to my doctor one day if I really need those meds. Who knows?
Your rose and rose of sharon are so gorgeous. we also have still a lot of blooming in the garden. Now the dahlia's are out and gosh, they became so big! Probably willhave to split the bulbs next year.
Wonderful that you can go again at the shooting range with Dianne. Curious to know how you did there!
We are worried about our Brodski. Isn;t eating a lot, perhaps it is just age and is it near time for him to walk the rainbow. If it still will be the same next week perhaps it is time to get him to the vet. he already is around 16-17 years old, and for a red cat it is quite an age.
We'll see how it progresses.
we were kind of busy this week with things I almost cannot remember. LOL. No, serious, some needed things were done and it was kind of weather for it, not very warm, rainshowers etc.
But now weather seems to recover again and next week we will have some summer again, so is said.
I do hope so. Not ready for cold temperatures(and to be honest, I am never, hahaha)
Glad you are doing lots better now, so keep it up.
Take care of yourself and little Pogo.
Hugs
Kyra

Unknown said...

Have a lovely weekend you and Pogo too!


หนังไทยตลก