Thursday, June 1, 2017

A Treasure From The Past

Sorry this was posted late, but Google froze up and I could not publish.

May 31, 2017

Good morning.  Yup, tis another cloudy day here, although the temps will be in the low sixties.  So at least it is getting a bit warmer.  Tomorrow should be in the seventies, but it will probably rain.  Have you noticed that tomorrow is also the start of a brand new month?  Where has the month of May gone? 

Yesterday Pogo and I went shopping at Christmas Tree shop with Dwarf Helen.  Did we ever have fun!!  This is such a fun store to meander through.  You never know what you will find. and I found a treasure in one of the aisles.  Are you old enough to remember Moxie? 


When I was a little girl, back in the forties, Moxie was a very popular drink (soda).  However, the adults kept it for themselves.  Once in a while though, us kids got to taste it.  Back then, no one had very much money, so some Moxie every now and then was a real treat.  When I grew up and could afford to buy some for myself, it was rather to hard to find.  Last night, I drank a bottle of it, and oh my, delicious!  Definitely a treasure!

Once we got home, I made us some lunch and then I took a nap.  After walking around the store for more than an hour, every part of my body was screaming out for a rest.  But to be honest, I'll go back and do it again as soon as I can.  We really did have fun.

I took a photo of the red white and blue afghan that I'm working on.  I'll take my time and fit it in with my other projects because I think I'm keeping this one. 


That's about all my news for today.  Janicee may be coming by to finish working on my pantry, and DIL Janet will be coming by after work.  Hmmm, I need to think about what to make for supper.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

sounds you had real great fun in the Christmas store. Wow, you walked around a long time. Good for you!
And of course you needed a little rest afterwards.
But nice to look forward to: to make another trip there!
On to your next post.
Kyra